[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Fr Aa Utg2

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      I know I played this badly. Just looking for some advice. Didn't want to scare anyone away. What should I have done to guarantee maximum value?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.6
      Hero:
      $5
      CO:
      $2.41

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:heart: , A:club:
      Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, CO raises to $0.45, BU folds, SB calls $0.43, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.70, CO calls $0.25, SB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($2.15) Q:heart: , 8:club: , 7:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.9 (All-In), Hero raises to $4.30 (All-In), CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($3.95) Q:club:
      River: ($3.95) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ah Ac)
      SB shows three-of-a-kind, queens (Qd Js)

SB wins with three-of-a-kind, queens (Qd Js)
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can considered raising more pf, but I think it is standard to 4-bet small against midstacks with aces.

Postflop you can´t fold and calling is basically the same as shoving so I´m fine with shove. CO would likely fold anyway his AK type hand against shove and call.

In the end standard hand and you got your money in being 83% favorite.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello clandestineAl,

Don't min-raise like that! At the moment with your raise you practically gave CO correct odds for set-mining. For that reason just make a normal raise or even if you want to make a smaller raise then ~$1 which will force CO to do still mistakes.

But ye well as played you can as well just Call postflop, CO doesn't have much left anyways. If he has a draw he ain't gonna fold it anyways, either you shove or Call. With calling you might drag along some weaker pairs/PPs.

Best Regards.