[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR AJo MP3

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      Was I right to continue with my bet on the turn or should I have just left it?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3.8
      Hero:
      $5.3
      CO:
      $7.69

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, BU folds, SB calls $0.18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.65) Q:diamond: , 6:heart: , 5:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.43, CO folds, SB calls $0.43.

Turn: ($1.51) J:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB calls $1.00.

River: ($3.51) 5:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $3.51

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ac Jd)
      SB shows a flush, jack high (9h 8h)

SB wins with a flush, jack high (9h 8h)
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Problem with turn bet is that it is very hard him to call you with worse hands, so although you might bet against 78s or 88/77 with heart I´d likely just check back and then consider calling his river bet (although if you´re ahead I think he would often also check river)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

Problem with turn bet is that it is very hard him to call you with worse hands, so although you might bet against 78s or 88/77 with heart I´d likely just check back and then consider calling his river bet (although if you´re ahead I think he would often also check river)
      Well, I don't really see any reason why we should Check behind and not protect from 1card FDs and then Call the river when we most likely will be never ahead vs his betting range. We either are betting it as you did and protect from 1card FDs which may be possible or either way just Checking it behind and giving it up. There ain't gonna be hand on river which are going to bluff.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      78 would likely bet river. But not really sure that TT/99 would always check river, so there is chance he would bet for value with worse hands, since seem like we don´t have anything or maybe AK
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      78 would likely bet river. But not really sure that TT/99 would always check river, so there is chance he would bet for value with worse hands, since seem like we don´t have anything or maybe AK
      Not an opponent who has AF of 0.8. :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      at that case if we believe he would never bet river with worse hands I´d prefer betting turn to take my free showdown and protect my hand against medium pp-s that has also flushdraw.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      at that case if we believe he would never bet river with worse hands I´d prefer betting turn to take my free showdown and protect my hand against medium pp-s that has also flushdraw.
      So, at last you agree with me. :)