[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Fr Jj Mp3

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      Does nobody reraise with AK anymore??? Was I right to call the extra 54c on the turn?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $2.05
      Hero:
      $5.37

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:spade: , J:club:
      UTG1 calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 4 folds, UTG1 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.57) A:heart: , Q:diamond: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.38, UTG1 calls $0.38.

Turn: ($1.33) 2:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.88, UTG1 raises to $1.42 (All-In), Hero calls $0.54.

River: ($4.17) 8:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.17

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG1 shows two-pair, aces and deuces (Ac Kd)
      Hero shows (Js Jc)

UTG1 wins with two-pair, aces and deuces (Ac Kd)
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think correct question is why he would limp/call with AK
      Don´t see reason why you should b/c turn. You may get him to fold Qx hands, but since he is midstack he might also go with his KQ and he would never going to fold Ax.
      So I´d prefer checking turn and then possible calling small river bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello clandestineAl,

Flop: Well, the question is to you. Do you think any worse hand will continue on flop? I doubt that he is calling with any worse PPs there. At the same time you can't really protect from much by betting, just from GS/Kx hand? And that's it. Obviously betting it once for protection shouldn't be that wrong. Although why not to Check behind and maybe even force him to take stabs with a lot weaker PPs for example? I'd Check behind on flop and reevaluate it on turn.

As played
      Turn: There is no point to bet anymore, there is no value from any hands, should be snap Check behind and give it up on river. Doubt that he is betting even that small that we can get good odds.

Best Regards.