[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR 77 on the CO

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      Anyway I could have played this any better? Bet bigger anywhere. I have to fold the river right? no way he is doing that with anything other than a flush

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.57
      BU:
      $11.83

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:heart: , 7:club:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BU calls $0.20, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) T:spade: , 8:spade: , 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.31, BU calls $0.31.

Turn: ($1.09) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.72, BU calls $0.72.

River: ($2.53) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.2, BU raises to $4.50, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.93
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can c/r turn, since you´re going to c/f that turn card quite often.
      But if player is rather passive you can also bet/shove turn.
      On the river I´d personally prefer b/f, rather than c/c, since he would not bet that turn card too often maybe even with two pair hands and I don´t think he would turn anything into bluff that you should b/c.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

You can c/r turn, since you´re going to c/f that turn card quite often.
      But if player is rather passive you can also bet/shove turn.
      On the river I´d personally prefer b/f, rather than c/c, since he would not bet that turn card too often maybe even with two pair hands and I don´t think he would turn anything into bluff that you should b/c.
      Huh? Doesn't make sense, c/r turn while you are going to c/f it on turn quite often?

Turn: About the play I totally like it. There is no point to over-value your on hand on turn. I mean what you gonna achieve with the Check/Raise on turn, nothing! You just isolate yourself against very strong hands like QJ. Standard bet on turn for value and reevaluate further actions.
      River: Standard Bet/Fold, there ain't any missed hands from you can Check/Call.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/r turn is good to balance out times when you´re going to give up.
      That case he can´t really float you on drawy boards and bet every time you check.
      I really doubt we´re isolating against better hands, since he has there still two pair or pair+draw combos more often than QJ that he floated on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      c/r turn is good to balance out times when you´re going to give up.

Balance on NL5? Balance against passive opponent?

That case he can´t really float you on drawy boards and bet every time you check.I really doubt we´re isolating against better hands, since he has there still two pair or pair+draw combos more often than QJ that he floated on the flop.

So why not protect against those pairs? He is passive player who is most likely never gonna take even stabs with those hands. You are overtalking yourself with your explanations. :) Standard Bet for value & protection on turn against passive opponent.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      imo even passive players would bet there most of the times if I check to them but ok. Not saying that b/c would be wrong- just trying to think other ways how to exploit players than standard bet/bet/bet line.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      imo even passive players would bet there most of the times if I check to them but ok. Not saying that b/c would be wrong- just trying to think other ways how to exploit players than standard bet/bet/bet line.
      Why do you want to exploit an NL5 player who is loose-passive player with W$SD of 67%? Those small stakes are just easy to play if you keep it easy and simple, that's why bet/bet/bet line is usually the best. :) In this specific spot you see a lot of combos which may pay you on turn but at the same time they would just Check behind with their draws.