[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Fr Jj Mp2

• clandestineAl
      When should I be working out that I am behind here?

Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:spade: , J:club:
      UTG1 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) 9:diamond: , 6:diamond: , 5:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.19) T:heart: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $1, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($3.19) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $3.19

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG1 shows a pair of queens (Qs Qd)
      Hero shows (Js Jc)

UTG1 wins with a pair of queens (Qs Qd)
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20

You can consider c/f turn, but since good players would barrel there flushdraws, QJ, KQ and for value ATs then I don´t think you should c/f turn.
      On the river you likely can´t beat anything and should c/f to strong bet.
    • veriz
      Hello clandestineAl,

What's the opponents CBet flop & turn? Of course we don't have a lot of stats on him but well a small image we can make of him. Do you expect the opponent to barrel with something like A:dK or rather would he go for pot control mode? Was he rather passive postflop or was he usually betting a lot? Should have at least some kind of image on the opponent with 81 hands.

But I dislike the idea of Check/Fold on turn for the reason that he may still have hands like AK/AQ or whatsoever overcards or draws. For that reason if he is Checking to us on turn then I would definitely bet there myself. Although against his 2nd barreling range we most likely don't beat beat while it's also UTG range which will be most often very strong. For that reason I'd just fold it on turn, his bet sizes look kinda strong as well.

Best Regards.