[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR AJ in the SB

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      the only thing he is calling me to the river with is a set or a flush draw. Was I right to C/F?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5
      MP1:
      $4.24

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , J:spade:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.55) K:club: , J:heart: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, MP1 calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.35) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.6, MP1 calls $0.60.

River: ($2.55) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.55
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Again 63/3 might be wider calling range, but betting thin for value likely isn´t the best idea so I think c/f is ok.
      Also I´d try to go pot control/induce bet from worse hands on the turn, since on the river there isn´t really too many cards where you´d like to bet for value and I don´t think you should go 3 streets for value with middle pair top kicker.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

Again 63/3 might be wider calling range, but betting thin for value likely isn´t the best idea so I think c/f is ok.
      Also I´d try to go pot control/induce bet from worse hands on the turn, since on the river there isn´t really too many cards where you´d like to bet for value and I don´t think you should go 3 streets for value with middle pair top kicker.
      You ain't gonna achieve much with the "turn hand into bluff-catcher" in this spot. You can't Call the turn and river vs his bluffing range. And going for just Check/Call on turn is no point at all. He can easily bet the river as well with bluffs.

I'd rather consider to 2nd barrel it for protection from any kind of draws and maybe even value from Jx rather than turn my hand into bluff-catcher. But obviously I don't like your bet size at all, you are just say exactly your hand "I have a weak hand, raise me". :D Make it ~$0,90 or something similar and Check/Fold the river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Why I can´t c/c on blank turn and river card:)
      I´m way ahead 63/3 range on the turn:

board: KcJh4c3
      Hand Equity Wins Ties
      AJ 70.55% 879,081 11,400
      60% 29.45% 363,695 11,400

He would float me any pair, any draw, gutshots, A high hands.
      We have showdown value and at the same time I don´t want to bet 3 streets also I doubt he is betting himself 3 streets with Kx and most likely he has there just some kind of draw.

I likely have to be good at river smt like 30%, but I´m sure I win more than half the times when river is blank.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Why I can´t c/c on blank turn and river card:)
      I´m way ahead 63/3 range on the turn:

board: KcJh4c3
      Hand Equity Wins Ties
      AJ 70.55% 879,081 11,400
      60% 29.45% 363,695 11,400

He would float me any pair, any draw, gutshots, A high hands.
      We have showdown value and at the same time I don´t want to bet 3 streets also I doubt he is betting himself 3 streets with Kx and most likely he has there just some kind of draw.

I likely have to be good at river smt like 30%, but I´m sure I win more than half the times when river is blank.
      Well, because T ain't a blank? :) And most of his calling range on flop is still going to pay you on turn as well.

And who was talking about 3 streets value? I was talking about good 2streets protection rather than turn my hand into bluff-catcher.