This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Self-talk Mp3

• sharpred
      sharpred
      Bronze
      Anyone interested in producing a "Positive poker self-talk" audio cassette?
      I'd do it myself, but im very self-conscious about my voice.

It goes somethin like this:

I am a person, who always makes a calculated decisions when playing poker.
      I breathe calmly, when playing poker.
      I play each hand as good as I possibly can.

etc

EXAMPLES: http://livingwelltools.com/samples.aspx
  • 6 replies
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      hey,

im going to be honest and tell you that this sounds lame.
      i don't want to be mean or anything,especially that you have your problems.I'm going to give you MY HONEST OPINION.

If you can't do that in your mind and need a cassette/CD for it,than your mindset is obviously weak.
      It can be a bad distraction to hear that stuff over and over again.You won't be able to focus on the decisions and the cassette will interfere with your poker thought process.

Anyway,there is a difference between saying :

I am a person, who always makes a calculated decisions when playing poker.
      I breathe calmly, when playing poker.
      I play each hand as good as I possibly can.

And actually do it.The "playing the hand the best i can" involves a strong theoretical and mathematical background done off the table and done intensively,repeatedly.

That's my opinion.It's pretty lame.But if it helps YOU out,then do it.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Record one using Hatsune Miku.
    • sharpred
      sharpred
      Bronze
      Yes, i know i had some issues .. haha
      Im all better now, and youre right, thanks, youre absolutely right, i know,

But its not total bullshit, i mean, positive self talk is a great way to improve certain personal traits ....

But ye, im all better now
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      You are in luck because it so happens that I'm not self-conscious about my own voice at all.

Here you go: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QQ2RC3JO

Tell me if you like it and we can discuss making of full length audio, payments etc!
    • sharpred
      sharpred
      Bronze
      No, youre too late, i dont need it any more.
      I bought myself "Mental game of poker" instead, learning the stuff the right way,
      but thanks anyways for your effort.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      That's good then, I might try that book as well, people frequently say I'm a mental person too