UTG+1: $2.00
      MP: $18.54
      MP+1: $13.15
      Hero (CO): $11.16
      BTN: $3.40
      SB: $10.05

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, SB raises to $1.20, fold, Hero calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.50, 2 players) 7:spade: 6:club: J:spade:
      SB bets $1.85, Hero calls $1.85

Turn: ($6.20, 2 players) T:heart:
      SB bets $4.00, fold

SB player:

Preflop: This guy is from PS. What do u think about that I called it? I called because it was CO vs SB situation and I think fold would be a little weak. Moreover I had position. He could have 3Bet with AK, AQ, even AJ because I'm very loose in LP. My steal is about 35%.
      Flop: I'm not sure of play on this street. I had OP. Board wasn't very good but also wasn't very bad. Do u think that one bet I could have called?
  • 3 replies
    • Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      If you're folding to the second barrell why call the first one? And if you shouldn't call the first if your planning to fold the turn, you shouldn't even call pre-flop!

If you 4bet to around $4 and he shoves, then maybe you can fold especially against this TAG player 3betting only 3%. When you just call pre and on the flop you're essentially turning your hand into a bluff catcher - except you fold the turn :P

I think you got caught in the no mans land of playing it normally and passively, and ended up lost.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Scooney
      If you're folding to the second barrell why call the first one? And if you shouldn't call the first if your planning to fold the turn, you shouldn't even call pre-flop!
      I can't agree with this at all. In my opinion QQ is too strong hand to fold it in situation COvsSB especially when I have steal 35% so he can 3B much wider something like TT+, AT+. On the flop many players still continue them play with Ah and CBet so it could have been just standard CBet with the air. Second barrel told me that he didn't bluff so I folded. I don't see any reason not to do this.

Originally posted by Scooney
      If you 4bet to around $4 and he shoves, then maybe you can fold especially against this TAG player 3betting only 3%. When you just call pre and on the flop you're essentially turning your hand into a bluff catcher - except you fold the turn :P
      If you wanna 4B and after his shoves, fold this is the biggest mistake I could ever see. You have to call his shove.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Preflop: Well, of course 4betting might be a bit overplayed here, he wont continue anyways with a lot worse hands. At the best for us it's a coinfip. For that given reason I'd be also inclined to Call it here.
      Postflop: Well, the problem now with this board is that you can't really beat much. By that I mean TT/JJ got there, stronger overpairs possible and meanwhile you don't beat much. Might only be a hand like AJ but does he even 3bet with it having a 3bet of only 3%. For that given reason I would most likely played the same way, folding flop would be too weak while he may still even CBet with AK there or something similar and give it up on turn.

Best Regards.