This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] passive BB and his action

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      My questions regarding this hand are posted for my future actions against this kind of players. What range should I play against him in the future?

His stats: 528 hands
      20/18/6,3af/ 86 sb fold/88bb fold/ 33 4bet (6hands)

my notes on his:
      1) he r KK mp, sb (loose) and bb call, flop 8JJcch c-c, he cbets 3/4, sb calls, turn 5c (FD possible) sb donks 1/3 he calls, river 6 sb donks 1/3 he calls (overpair KK)
      2) utg raise, he 3bets KK mp, sb (loose) call, utg fold, flop T55hhd sb donks 1/5 he raises pot, sb raise-shoves 60bb, he calls (overpair on flop)

He seemed like a good player to me. There is no way I was thinking of folding my hand here but it made me think what is his range here? I stole his bb 3 times in a row (when there was no raise before me) and he fold it immediatelly. Since I have good hand I want to get it in preflop but I was thinking of just calling his raise and playing him OOP postflop. I would probably fold this flop and for sure on this turn.

My range for him doing this is very narrow:
      6,3% 3bet = 99+, AQs+, KQs, AQo+, KQo
      Therefore I would narrow his 5bet-shove to AKs(o) and TT+. 500 hands is not 10k but it's a good indicator for an opponent. I was really surprised when I saw his hand, have I misinterpreted some of his stats or he just tilted/was fed up of stealing his blinds?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($15.14)
      BB ($10.30)
      UTG ($12.61)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($17.72)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $2.80, BB raises to $10.30 (AI), Hero calls $7.50

FLOP ($20.60) A:heart: J:spade: 6:diamond:

TURN ($20.60) A:heart: J:spade: 6:diamond: Q:diamond:

RIVER ($20.60) A:heart: J:spade: 6:diamond: Q:diamond: T:club:

BB shows 2:spade: 6:club:
      (Pre 14%, Flop 18.4%, Turn 11.4%)

Hero shows K:spade: K:heart:
      (Pre 86%, Flop 81.6%, Turn 88.6%)

Hero wins $19.23
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Well, first what I would consider doing against those maniac 3bettors I'd min-raise against them. So it would give us a lot room for loose 3bet call.

But going broke against him most likely the range you gave is good enough even. If he is really such a maniac. I wouldn't go broke any looser since then it would be pretty much flipping anyways. Usually I would rather just Call and play postflop with for example broadways.

Best Regards.