[NL2-NL10] passive BB and his action

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      My questions regarding this hand are posted for my future actions against this kind of players. What range should I play against him in the future?

His stats: 528 hands
      20/18/6,3af/ 86 sb fold/88bb fold/ 33 4bet (6hands)

my notes on his:
      1) he r KK mp, sb (loose) and bb call, flop 8JJcch c-c, he cbets 3/4, sb calls, turn 5c (FD possible) sb donks 1/3 he calls, river 6 sb donks 1/3 he calls (overpair KK)
      2) utg raise, he 3bets KK mp, sb (loose) call, utg fold, flop T55hhd sb donks 1/5 he raises pot, sb raise-shoves 60bb, he calls (overpair on flop)

He seemed like a good player to me. There is no way I was thinking of folding my hand here but it made me think what is his range here? I stole his bb 3 times in a row (when there was no raise before me) and he fold it immediatelly. Since I have good hand I want to get it in preflop but I was thinking of just calling his raise and playing him OOP postflop. I would probably fold this flop and for sure on this turn.

My range for him doing this is very narrow:
      6,3% 3bet = 99+, AQs+, KQs, AQo+, KQo
      Therefore I would narrow his 5bet-shove to AKs(o) and TT+. 500 hands is not 10k but it's a good indicator for an opponent. I was really surprised when I saw his hand, have I misinterpreted some of his stats or he just tilted/was fed up of stealing his blinds?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($15.14)
      BB ($10.30)
      UTG ($12.61)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($17.72)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $2.80, BB raises to $10.30 (AI), Hero calls $7.50

FLOP ($20.60) A:heart: J:spade: 6:diamond:

TURN ($20.60) A:heart: J:spade: 6:diamond: Q:diamond:

RIVER ($20.60) A:heart: J:spade: 6:diamond: Q:diamond: T:club:

BB shows 2:spade: 6:club:
      (Pre 14%, Flop 18.4%, Turn 11.4%)

Hero shows K:spade: K:heart:
      (Pre 86%, Flop 81.6%, Turn 88.6%)

Hero wins $19.23
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Well, first what I would consider doing against those maniac 3bettors I'd min-raise against them. So it would give us a lot room for loose 3bet call.

But going broke against him most likely the range you gave is good enough even. If he is really such a maniac. I wouldn't go broke any looser since then it would be pretty much flipping anyways. Usually I would rather just Call and play postflop with for example broadways.

Best Regards.