[NL2-NL10] bad play IP

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      52 hands/ 16/12/1,5 af/ 67 cbet/ 100cbet turn.

Again small hand sample but he looks like a rock.

Preflop: My hand has potential against his range, I have K and Q blockers and position, but the thing I made an easy call was his aggression.

Flop: He's cbetting it almost always, so I'm not worried about floating him (I think now I should just fold this flop, since no turn will make my hand super ahead of his range).

Turn: He's giving me nice price and I don't want to gamble so I just call him. I was thinking what can I represent on river if he checks and I miss...unfortunately I called too quickly to see that he already might have some FH so my flush or straight wouldn't be good.

River: I was waiting until 5 sec before my time, and then shoved. I was thinking of minraising but at that time I realised he probably calls me with any FH so shoving is better.

My line is probably not profitable against rocks?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($11.86)
      BB ($23.26)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($21.88)
      CO ($12.93)
      Hero ($10.36)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: K:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) 9:heart: 9:club: T:spade:

UTG bets $0.52, Hero calls $0.52

TURN ($1.79) 9:heart: 9:club: T:spade: A:spade:

UTG bets $1, Hero calls $1

RIVER ($3.79) 9:heart: 9:club: T:spade: A:spade: J:spade:

UTG bets $2.60, Hero raises to $8.54 (AI), UTG folds

Hero shows Q:spade: K:spade:

Hero wins $8.40
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Well, of course your line is totally fine for the given odds. Although really depends on the opponent, if he is really CBetting a lot as you said then I do sometimes even raise the turn card with your K high + FD there. While Ace is definitely a good scare-card. Although of course calling usually for the great odds is better in those spots, you can still decide whatever you want to do on river.

Or either way even would consider doing it on flop sometimes to raise him for the given aggression he has (CBetting a lot, would be hard for us to float profitable).

Best Regards.