[NL2-NL10] overplayed AA

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      178 hands/49/5/2,7 af/ 61 fold to cbet/ 67 fold to cbet turn/4,9 3bet

I think of him as being a calling station.

I didn't raise more on the turn because the pot will be $10 on the river so 1/2 pot bet is enough to get it in.

On river I didn't take enough time to think it over. My thinking process after the hand...he doesn't have QQ+ for sure. He doesn't look like a good player but in most cases he would call preflop with some kind of PP. Him donk-calling 2 streets is very strong, he might have some TT or JJ that we beat, but other than that I'm not so sure what can we beat. Is checking the river better? Is shoving on the turn an option (we don't have to protect from draws so I don't think, but asking just in case)?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($22.21)
      BB ($7.80)
      UTG ($11.73)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($10.07)
      Hero ($10.35)

Dealt to Hero A:club: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.95) 6:heart: 9:club: 9:spade:

UTG bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.38, UTG calls $1.08

TURN ($4.71) 6:heart: 9:club: 9:spade: 8:diamond:

UTG bets $0.10, Hero raises to $2.80, UTG calls $2.70

RIVER ($10.31) 6:heart: 9:club: 9:spade: 8:diamond: 3:diamond:

UTG checks, Hero bets $5.27 (AI), UTG calls $5.27

Hero shows A:club: A:spade:
      (Pre 80%, Flop 16.8%, Turn 9.1%)

UTG shows 6:diamond: 6:spade:
      (Pre 20%, Flop 83.2%, Turn 90.9%)

UTG wins $19.46
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Preflop: One thing what I usually use here vs 3xBB raises or as well 2xBB raises is that I do raise 4x their raise. Since for this case you are giving him 18:1 odds for set mining which means you ain't forcing him to do mistakes. But if you would do it 4x his raise = then it would be 12:1 odds and would force him to make mistakes.

As played
      Postflop: Well, nothing much to add, I am also going broke. But you could as well just ship it directly on turn too. :) He may easily have worse PPs.

Best Regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Preflop: One thing what I usually use here vs 3xBB raises or as well 2xBB raises is that I do raise 4x their raise. Since for this case you are giving him 18:1 odds for set mining which means you ain't forcing him to do mistakes. But if you would do it 4x his raise = then it would be 12:1 odds and would force him to make mistakes.

Best Regards.
      So is raise to $1,10 enough or you always make it exactly 4x?

Is checking on the river an option, or we just bet-shove here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So is raise to $1,10 enough or you always make it exactly 4x?

Well, you saw the difference. So rather 4x. :) We don't want to give him great implied odds for set mining.

Is checking on the river an option, or we just bet-shove here?

Well, the guy could have there everything, starting from TT-KK. Doubt that I am Checking there.