[NL2-NL10] NL10 - Days on tilt hand 1

• Gloryne
      Gloryne
      Bronze
      Hello.. I can't seem to win these days and I 'm slightly on tilt while playing being anxious to win. So here are some hands that I've played. I think you 'll see many mistakes here :)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.06)
      BB ($11.74)
      UTG ($14.23)
      UTG+1 ($3.50)
      UTG+2 ($9.85)
      MP1 ($9.45)
      MP2 ($10.17)
      Hero ($15.04)
      BTN ($9.97)

Dealt to Hero 8:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, fold, SB calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($1) 4:diamond: J:club: A:diamond:

SB checks, MP2 bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, SB folds

TURN ($2.50) 4:diamond: J:club: A:diamond: 2:club:

MP2 bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90

RIVER ($6.30) 4:diamond: J:club: A:diamond: 2:club: 4:club:

MP2 bets $4.75, Hero calls $4.75

I think I should give up the hand on river, as he probably has a better hand or better kicker. Maybe this is why we should avoid playing Aces with low kicker :)
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gloryne,

Well the problem in this hand is that you actually should give it up already on turn unless you really expect the opponent to CBet into multiway pot with just a draw. Since it's the only hand you beat there. Fold it on turn and save the money. :( You most likely against a better Ax hand.

With those loosing days try to learn maximum, try posting hands and try to realize your leaks like in this case you overplayed your TP.

Best Regards.
    • Gloryne
      Gloryne
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice. I try to learn as much as I can these days. The whole day I watch videos, read articles and play :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Gloryne
      Thanks for the advice. I try to learn as much as I can these days. The whole day I watch videos, read articles and play :)
      Great to hear. :) But ye, it seems that you have some kind of leak with tilting. Do you use stop-loss?
    • Gloryne
      Gloryne
      Bronze
      Yeah, I do use stop loss. I stop for a few hours, I do something else, then I watch some video or read some article and play again. Although usually I do not lose more than 3BI. What happens is I slowly win money little by little and then one or two bad beats happen in a row and I lose all I had earned and some more :(

What I did yesterday that helped me a lot is to constantly remind to myself this: "You have a hand, raise. You don't, fold."

This keeps me from hero calls and stupid bluffs :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yep, works for some. :) You have to find out whatever works for you the best.