Zen and the Art of Poker

    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.01.2011 Posts: 382
      Hey all, I was interested in buying a poker book, just something for light bedtime reading basically.

      I've read that psychology ones are the best to purchase, due to the high value of technical content available on Pokerstrategy rendering other books unnecessary for a micro stakes player.

      I was wondering if anybody has ever read Zen and the Art of Poker, as this appeared of interest to me and isn't particularly expensive.

      Thanks all :)
  • 9 replies
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.08.2010 Posts: 494
      Originally posted by lynius
      Hey all, I was interested in buying a poker book, just something for light bedtime reading basically.

      I've read that psychology ones are the best to purchase, due to the high value of technical content available on Pokerstrategy rendering other books unnecessary for a micro stakes player.

      I was wondering if anybody has ever read Zen and the Art of Poker, as this appeared of interest to me and isn't particularly expensive.

      Thanks all :)
      Yea I got it, its pretty good. Lots of inspiring quotes and it teaches you took look at poker in a different way. Its more meant for live poker though so, but yea theres some great lessons in there

      Hope it helps
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.01.2011 Posts: 382
      Ok, sounds like a good read. Anything in there about study?

      Cheers.
    • blessie
      blessie
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.03.2011 Posts: 12
      i read this book- give me ur email add ill send you a PDF copy if u want

      the book is just average - read small stakes no limit holdem-- its the best!
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.08.2010 Posts: 494
      Originally posted by blessie
      i read this book- give me ur email add ill send you a PDF copy if u want

      the book is just average - read small stakes no limit holdem-- its the best!
      Small stakes no limit hold em does nothing for online players. But if your live gambler it's a not bad choice
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.12.2009 Posts: 1,186
      Lynius, for the price I think it's really worth it. I bought it about 18 months ago and have reread it several times. I don't think it can lift your psychological game through the roof but it's an interesting read with lots of nice quotes. If you're after something serious then Jared Tendlers book seems to be what people think is the best on the market at the moment.


      "If defeat has more to teach us than victory, then perhaps a defeat is a victory unto itself."
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.01.2011 Posts: 382
      Originally posted by nibbana
      Lynius, for the price I think it's really worth it. I bought it about 18 months ago and have reread it several times. I don't think it can lift your psychological game through the roof but it's an interesting read with lots of nice quotes. If you're after something serious then Jared Tendlers book seems to be what people think is the best on the market at the moment.


      "If defeat has more to teach us than victory, then perhaps a defeat is a victory unto itself."
      Seems like just the book I want then :) Nice quote at the end. Will probably chuck that one in the blog.

      Cheers for the replies everyone. Will probably get on that PDF if you have the time blessie - can't get a better review than to read a chapter/2 yourself.
    • blessie
      blessie
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.03.2011 Posts: 12
      sure just tell me on how should i send that to u thanks
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.01.2011 Posts: 382
      Just sent you a friend request. I'll message you my email.
    • blessie
      blessie
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.03.2011 Posts: 12
      @ antstruk

      i'm talking about small stakes no limit hold'em by ed miller and matt flynn.
      it specializes on $1-$2 OL six max , its more of an OL book than live :)