[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH TPTK vs maniac

• pokerprons
      The villain was 44/19 over 286 hands
      At the time the hand took place i think he was an unknown but immediately he started playing every hand like a maniac. Can i call this?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($16.43)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($17.53)
      CO ($10.29)
      BTN ($3.85)

Dealt to Hero A:club: J:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($0.70) 5:spade: 6:diamond: J:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, CO calls $0.80

TURN ($3.10) 5:spade: 6:diamond: J:heart: 4:heart:

Hero bets $2, CO raises to $8.79 (AI), Hero calls $6.79

RIVER ($20.68) 5:spade: 6:diamond: J:heart: 4:heart: 2:heart:
  • 3 replies
    • clandestineAl
      Just because they play every hand doesn't mean that some of his hands aren't good ones. I ha done like this recently where I didn't give the guy credit for it but when he goes all in you have to fold it. When he calls your check raise alarm bells are going off for me.

He isn't putting you on JJ+ because you would probably have 3 bet him pre. your check raise says you have a strong hand but he seems to think his hand is better. He could have a set, 2 pair with 56 or even AA or KK but I doubt he would play them like that. At the end of the day you just have TPTK. Not really enough to go broke with. Just thinking that 56 would probably get it in on the flop to protect against the board pairing and then you have a better 2 pair

So did he have it?
    • pokerprons
      Hi clandestineAL
      ty for your feedback.
      However, my feeling and read on him was right as he was a maniac indeed and when he plays every hand aggressively you cannot give him too much credit, and against people like that TPTK is the nuts. He actually had 45off :)
    • veriz
      Hello pokerprons,

Well, if he is a maniac then let him just 2nd barrel. Don't Check/Raise it and at the same time isolate yourself against strong hands.

In this case most likely he had you beat, it doesn't mean that he is a maniac then will ship with any crap either there. He will rarely have pure bluff on turn, most likely a made hand but the question is which one. I am Bet/Folding on turn as played. Although as I said you kinda overplayed it on flop.

Best Regards.