Cbet size in 3Bet pots

• morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      Hi, I am really struggling in 3bet pots at the moment. I have had a few hands evaluated by Veriz in which he criticises the size of my cbet in situations where I have 3bet preflop.

My default has always been to keep these fairly small, around half pot, but I am constantly getting shoved on or reraised in these spots. Just wondered what other people are doing really regarding sizing and so forth. I can post some specific hands if anyone wants to discuss this. It may be I am picking poor spots to cbet after 3betting as well.

Gary.
  • 3 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      IP or OOP? IMO it's okay to ch/fold 3bet pot OOP. If your 3bet rate is too high, say 12% and cbet rate is also high (say 80%) then you will get screwed OOP as good plrs will raise you lightly.

Also it depends on board texture. If it's like T52 rainbow then I would rather ch/fold AK/AQ type of hand as it will just get raised by 99/88.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      IP or OOP? IMO it's okay to ch/fold 3bet pot OOP. If your 3bet rate is too high, say 12% and cbet rate is also high (say 80%) then you will get screwed OOP as good plrs will raise you lightly.

Also it depends on board texture. If it's like T52 rainbow then I would rather ch/fold AK/AQ type of hand as it will just get raised by 99/88.
      Last time i checked, you carn't 3-bet OOP pre-flop...Unless it's a steal vs re-steal in the blinds. + Why would showdown value hands inflate the pot?

But to OP, just because you 3-bet pre, doesn't mean you should always C-bet on the flop. What are you repping? Is it believable? Who is your Villan? A nit? A lagtard? How does villan normally re-act to a 3bet and there for what is his range he's flatting you with? Bet size is never a fixated thing, alot of info goes into chossing optimal bet size. What is it your trying to achieve? A villan fold or maximize value? etc.
    • morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies. There's a lot to think about. After looking over some hands I've realised that I'm cbetting over 80% in 3bet pots. Overall, my percentage is 69%(27000 hands @ full ring). Clearly in spots when I've squeezed or 3bet as a bluff (mostly from the blinds) I need to be a little more aware of opponents ranges etc in these spots. Plenty of work to do. Thanks again.