This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Cbet size in 3Bet pots

• morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      Hi, I am really struggling in 3bet pots at the moment. I have had a few hands evaluated by Veriz in which he criticises the size of my cbet in situations where I have 3bet preflop.

My default has always been to keep these fairly small, around half pot, but I am constantly getting shoved on or reraised in these spots. Just wondered what other people are doing really regarding sizing and so forth. I can post some specific hands if anyone wants to discuss this. It may be I am picking poor spots to cbet after 3betting as well.

Gary.
  • 3 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      IP or OOP? IMO it's okay to ch/fold 3bet pot OOP. If your 3bet rate is too high, say 12% and cbet rate is also high (say 80%) then you will get screwed OOP as good plrs will raise you lightly.

Also it depends on board texture. If it's like T52 rainbow then I would rather ch/fold AK/AQ type of hand as it will just get raised by 99/88.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      IP or OOP? IMO it's okay to ch/fold 3bet pot OOP. If your 3bet rate is too high, say 12% and cbet rate is also high (say 80%) then you will get screwed OOP as good plrs will raise you lightly.

Also it depends on board texture. If it's like T52 rainbow then I would rather ch/fold AK/AQ type of hand as it will just get raised by 99/88.
      Last time i checked, you carn't 3-bet OOP pre-flop...Unless it's a steal vs re-steal in the blinds. + Why would showdown value hands inflate the pot?

But to OP, just because you 3-bet pre, doesn't mean you should always C-bet on the flop. What are you repping? Is it believable? Who is your Villan? A nit? A lagtard? How does villan normally re-act to a 3bet and there for what is his range he's flatting you with? Bet size is never a fixated thing, alot of info goes into chossing optimal bet size. What is it your trying to achieve? A villan fold or maximize value? etc.
    • morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies. There's a lot to think about. After looking over some hands I've realised that I'm cbetting over 80% in 3bet pots. Overall, my percentage is 69%(27000 hands @ full ring). Clearly in spots when I've squeezed or 3bet as a bluff (mostly from the blinds) I need to be a little more aware of opponents ranges etc in these spots. Plenty of work to do. Thanks again.