[NL2-NL10] Is the huge overbet on the flop ok?

• sjeesss
      sjeesss
      Bronze
      It worked this time, but should I worry more about a set and play more conservatively because of a possible set of queens or jacks?

But then there is the problem of many bad turn cards that could complete a draw, how then to proceed?

I limped the turn because the table was fairly loose with many late position raises.

Thanks for the advice!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5
      Hero:
      $4,44
      MP2:
      $5,03
      BU:
      $1,34

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:diamond: , A:club:
      Hero calls $0,02, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,02, 2 folds, BU raises to $0,12, SB raises to $0,22, BB folds, Hero raises to $0,52, 2 folds, SB calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,20) Q:spade: , T:heart: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,02, Hero raises to $3,92 (All-In), SB calls $3,90.

Turn: ($9,04) Q:heart:
      River: ($9,04) J:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9,04

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and queens (Ad Ac)
      SB shows (8s 8d)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and queens (Ad Ac)
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: I don't like your limp, even if you expect raise from LP. Limp-raise is very strong move and players will fold it more often than you think. I would just raise normal and hope to get some action. When you have BU isolator and SB re-raiser, you should raise more then = $0,90. I don't advise limping AA.

Flop: I would just raise normal $0,95 or a bit more. It's quite draw heavy board and we want to charge him for drawing. Sure, there is possibility of him having set here but I'm going broke on this flop with AA.
      If he calls our raise, we should reevaluate on the turn and maybe check behind for pot control.
      On river I'm calling his small to medium donk bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sjeesss,

Preflop: Well, limping is the worst play. :D Standard raise here for value! Don't limp. It's just horrible. You are giving others good odds to limp behind you and then face a multiway pot with AA.

As played
      Postflop: Against loose opponent I guess it doesn't matter that much either you ship it or raise it ~$1 or whatsoever. Has most likely the same affect.

Best Regards.