Attempt to stay with one Gametype: Bzoooooming.

• fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      So, this'll be my first blog here..

So, I will try and make an introduction here, but it's possible this may become a wall of boredom similar to A Brief History In Time, as I'm not quite sure what to say and might end up rambling about irrelevant crap.

For this section, there will be a TL;DR at the bottom.

For some time now(about 13 months, based on my creation date here), I've been playing, getting decent at what I do, getting bored, swapping game/format to something more interesting. Aswell as playing on several different platforms, trying crap out.
      Depositing, clearing a little of the bonus, getting bored, swapping to another site, repeating.(Or losing what I deposited, and moving on, in some cases.

Of course I've been bouncing around more since Black Friday than before, as I was quite content with the offers of games and software on FTP.

So in late July I believe, I started playing on Stars, where I had never deposited, because I'm not tracked to PokerStrategy, which I have care somewhat about. Played some NL, not much, did ok (Only about 3000 hands, but up like 6BI), moved to some PLO10, did ok, ups and downs, as they are in PLO.
      August I played almost exclusively MTTs and MTsngs on Stars, did decently, but still at a loss, in the long run. Also got scammed for a bit in the middle of the last two, so BR took a hit there.
      September, I moved to PP for some cashgame grindage, deposited and played PLO25 with an agressive BRM, because they don't have lower, went quite well, then hit a downswing, was down to like 4BI, so started grinding NL10 to build some BR back up, and it went amazingly well, NL10 on PP is incredibly soft I noticed. But then I took a brief break from playing for a week or so.
      2nd of October, I moved half the BR to Stars and withdrew half, as I needed the money.
      Played lots of PLO10 in October so far on Stars, with varying results.

TL;DR: I keep getting bored and change what I play lots, which ends being not serious.

So, yesterday, I was in a discussion with some people, but most prominently our dear Pleno1, who suggested I should become a RBPro.
      Now, this may not be the eventual goal, even if NL50 15 tabling would bring in more money than my current job does, meaning I could leave this horrible hellhole, one might want to be a winning player, not a BE player. But there's long yet to go before there!

During the discussion, I became repetitive saying "But I don't have lots to deposit, since I live in Latvia and salaries are crap, so I can't even start RBPoring on NL25, and I Have no real sample for anything, as I seem to swap too often." Here's where Patrick gave me the advice that I really knew myself, but haven't actually ever done. "Make a 6month plan on how to get there then."

So, this blog will be my way of keeping track of how well I am able to dedicate myself to the goal.
      Goals will begin to be, since I know I can beat NL10, Build a roll on NL, and create a sufficient sample to use as reference, I'm thinking 75-125k hands somewhere.
      If I feel comfortable enough with myself, I will take shots on NL25, and depending on how these go, will eventually try to move up here.
      Once on NL25, build a sufficient NL25 sample, again thinking in the ranges of 75-125k hands, as a winning player.
      IF all this goes well, I will attempt to find someone to help and guide me before I move up to NL50, and possibly also, because of the money involved, apply for a stake once I have the foundation to do it on, with lower limits. But those are details I won't need to worry about for quite some time.

This will however also be a general blog, where I may post pictures of my dogs, bitch about life in general, talk about absurd things that go on in moderator chats and bother Ingrid for pictures of Kira.

If no one cares to follow, I will update anyway, as the main purpose of this blog is for me to create a structure to my game, and therefore I believe I will be doing this better with a blog, so I need to formulate what I think.

Regards
      Richard

So off we go:

Starting first session today, NL10, 9 tables across 2 platforms:

Starting BR$225(A bit short, but who cares? Close enough to 25bi)
      Session 1:
      So, the slight BR problem is almost sorted.(I was over at one point, but of course had to drop.)
      I left the session with only one out of 9 tables not turning a profit, so I'm very satisfied with that part.
      Hands: 786
      VPIP/PFR/3b: 15.5/10.6/6.2
      Profit: 209.6bb
      EV$Dif: 21 bb under EV
  • 91 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      First hand worth posting:

Maybe a bit light open, but the call was automatic for 2bb more, and the result is just making me giggle. :)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Party
      SB ($3.90)
      BB ($3.76)
      Hero ($10.15)
      UTG+1 ($16.03)
      UTG+2 ($0.59)
      MP1 ($3.90)
      MP2 ($4.14)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($9.03)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: T:spade:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, UTG+2 raises to $0.59 (AI), fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.19

FLOP ($1.33) A:club: 2:heart: 3:diamond:

TURN ($1.33) A:club: 2:heart: 3:diamond: 5:heart:

RIVER ($1.33) A:club: 2:heart: 3:diamond: 5:heart: 4:diamond:

Hero shows A:spade: T:spade:
      (Pre 62%, Flop 92.6%, Turn 90.9%)

UTG+2 shows 6:diamond: J:diamond:
      (Pre 38%, Flop 7.4%, Turn 9.1%)

UTG+2 wins $1.27
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Weeee :) Welcome to the bloggers world Rich! Looking forward to the updates!
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Yey, more CG bloggaments ftw :f_love:

GL!!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      First mistake came early, about 300 hands in, I folded QQ UTG+2 Pre.

This is my first time 9tabling, I've done 8 before, though.

Unopened, of course :(
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      QQ is standard fold UTG, play aces only.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      nice one rich. gl with your game.

;)
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maniatrix
      QQ is standard fold UTG, play aces only.
      While I do play NitRing, it's not FR RUSH :P
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      You should update yours!
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      What site(s) you playing on? :) GL
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Originally posted by IngridN
      You should update yours!
      but I just did?! :P
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DannyG13
      What site(s) you playing on? :) GL
      Todays session, and the combined BR, is 2:1 Party : Stars atm, but I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

Table seleciton comes easier on Stars, but tables so incredibly soft in comparison on Party..

I might keep playing both for a bit, then make a choice on where to commit.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      gl rich! :heart:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck with the bloggaments Sir!

I shall be following every single move :D

Gary
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      See, this is why I had to start a blog to keep me motivated and going, now it's "out there", and everyone's watching, now I can't just give up and donk it all away in PLO... :(

Will maybe try to squeeze a session review from earlier(had to go to work just after the sesh) and a smallish session before bed!

Going to the countryside tomorrow, to cause myself massive pain(raking leaves) and snuggle with my fleabag of a dog! So probs no play :(

Feel free to spam funny and weird shit here though, everyone!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Session 2:
      Played 6 tables PP and 3 tables PS again, with some table selection involved. Might aswell get used to 9 off the bat, and eventually move up maybe, but tiled, not stacked. So a 15.4" laptop screen isn't optimal. :)
      This time, I had losses on some tables, wins on some, as is more standard than the good run of the first session.
      This time I ran under well EV, but that was because of one idiot, who I'll come to later. :)

Time played: 45.6 minutes
      Hands: 412 VPIP/PFR/3b: 13.2/9.9/5.5
      Profit: 145.3 bb
      EV$Dif: 110 bb under EV

Quite happy with the distance between VPIP and PFR here really, decent 3betting going on this time, starting to get a few more hands on some of the people playing several tables so I can start testing how they react.

82% equity pre, gotta love losing these... But hey, I got it in good. I'm always happy stacking off pre with Kings, except maybe against someone playing 3/3/100%3b over thousands of hands, but I'd probably do it even then HU.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $7.95
      MP3:
      $10.15
      CO:
      $16.13
      BU:
      $6.04
      SB (Hero):
      $11.74
      BB:
      $17.59

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.40, BB folds, MP3 raises to $10.15(All-in), Hero calls $8.35.

Flop: ($20) 2, 4, 4 (2 players)

Turn: ($20) 5 (2 players)

River: ($20) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and fours(K K).
      MP3 shows a flush, queen high(T Q).

MP3 wins with a flush, queen high(T Q).
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      So, running a small session, well edit in results when it's over.

Had a funny player though, who kept stacking off light as crazy pre.
      I stacked him three times, but then he got one back.
      Two of them were 100bb stacks, as was the one he got back, but one was only about 50bb. :(
      Basically, the three I won he stacked off pre with KQo(I had KK), KJo (I had QQ) and ATo(I had bullets).
      He stacked me with QJs vs AKs however, hitting his flush.
      Decent session overall.

Session 3:
      Hands: 176
      VPIP/PFR/3b: 12.72/9.2/7.1
      Profit: 125.5 bb
      EV$Dif: 20.5 bb over EV

The primary point of this post, however, is what my wife started doing while I still slept.

I imagine Ingi will flip and demand some posted, but she decided to bake some Self Frosting Nutella Cupcakes

• IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      zomg!! :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: you told her to send us some to the office please? =)

:( now I'm hungry :( me want nutella!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Off to the countryside to play with my big fluffball of love! Pictures to come!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Off to the countryside to play with my big fluffball of love! Pictures to come!
      aww, say hi to Rose from me and the girls! :f_love: