This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ multiway, on scary board

• Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) IPoker
      SB ($30.68)
      Hero ($16.61)
      UTG ($10.65)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($14.28)
      BTN ($3.25)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.20, CO calls $0.90, SB calls $0.90

FLOP ($3.60) Q:club: K:heart: T:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $2.70, CO calls $2.70, SB raises to $14.40, Hero raises to $15.41 (AI), CO calls $10.38 (AI), SB calls $1.01

Sb is a total fish so im really not worried about him, i shove to close out the CO who is a nit.
      Is my play ok, against the nit, am i ever ahead here?
  • 4 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: Raise more preflop, you want to isolate and play against sb. I would raise here to $1,40.
      When both players call your raise you say you're not worried, especially about sb, so you're in a good position.

Flop: It's super draw heavy and we have to protect and get some value from 2 pair combos, or some TP?K. I would bet even more $2,95. If player wants to call, he'll call.
      Action develops pretty sick after your cbet. It's such a tough fold, especially if we know sb is fish. Against 2 players we hardly ever beat them both.
      I wonder is I could fold this...probably not but we should. Damn, awful spot. The nit might have TT or AA, I don't see AJ that often, but at the same time he doesn't just call and then calls 2 shoves with one pair kind of hand.

SB had QT and nit KK?
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      I definitely think you can be ahead of the nit there since he didn't 4bet pre flop and decided to play vs 2 players. I think it's safe to say he doesn't have KK,AA (though not impossible- don't know if he likes to slowplay monsters). His hand looks more like AK, TT to me or maybe even KQ if he's a fish but the problem here is that the fish might have you beat since he is stupid enough to call with AJ pre flop since he's last to act.
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Im miles ahead of that fish most of the time and even against the straight i have some equity. About 20%.

Fish was playing 50/5 with a very aggro 5.0 AF and was chucking chips around a lot postflop but he would also often fold on scary boards and seemed to be playing postflop far better than he was pre.

The nit i basically think never has KK or AA since you never want to play that 3 way and he doesnt raise.

What people actually had.

Fish: 2 pair KQ and then claimed he had been set up
      Nit: AJs, i was shocked like wow.

however i turned a second turn and got lucky :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wacko118,

Preflop: While being so deep you definitely have to raise it bigger and not give them good odds for set mining. At least ~$1,50 would be mine.

As played
      Postflop: Well, not much to do. I am also Bet/Calling this. Even if they have a made hand as straight or something similar then you still have a lot of outs. SB could easily even have himself a lot worse hands. Going broke here.

Best Regards.