[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH QQ pre flop

• pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      UTG is 18/13/3bet 5.2%, the short stack is a total fish. UTG flatting the shove from the fish really seemed strong and i know I do it sometimes with AA to keep the big stack in, or even induce spazz. Can his flatting mean anything else?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.72)
      BB ($9.39)
      UTG ($10.07)
      Hero ($19.23)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($15.10)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, SB raises to $4.72 (AI), fold, UTG calls $4.42, fold
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pokerprons,

Well, flatting could easily mean that he tries to trap you. Although I don't like that much the 3bet in first place. I mean what's your plan if the guy shoves? Do you really think the guy is going to raise/shove vs you with worse than KK+/AK?

Guess for the given play-style I'd make a crying fold. But ye, I'd ask you what was your plan with your 3bet, did you do it for value?

Best Regards.
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Well I guess I would call a smallish 4bet and probably also make a crying fold if he 4bets really big or shoves. You would suggest flatting there? I flat there with AK and somtimes AQ but i think QQ is too strong. At nl10 they could flat with JJ and go broke on T high board can't they?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by pokerprons
      Well I guess I would call a smallish 4bet and probably also make a crying fold if he 4bets really big or shoves. You would suggest flatting there? I flat there with AK and somtimes AQ but i think QQ is too strong. At nl10 they could flat with JJ and go broke on T high board can't they?
      Well, if you are raising against such a nit then you most likely have to even consider folding vs 4bet since his 4bet-broke range is going to be KK+/AK against which you at the best get a coinflip. That's the problem. Although while we flat we can still play it postflop with an overpair or even for set value.