This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH QQ pre flop

• pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      UTG is 18/13/3bet 5.2%, the short stack is a total fish. UTG flatting the shove from the fish really seemed strong and i know I do it sometimes with AA to keep the big stack in, or even induce spazz. Can his flatting mean anything else?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.72)
      BB ($9.39)
      UTG ($10.07)
      Hero ($19.23)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($15.10)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, SB raises to $4.72 (AI), fold, UTG calls $4.42, fold
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pokerprons,

Well, flatting could easily mean that he tries to trap you. Although I don't like that much the 3bet in first place. I mean what's your plan if the guy shoves? Do you really think the guy is going to raise/shove vs you with worse than KK+/AK?

Guess for the given play-style I'd make a crying fold. But ye, I'd ask you what was your plan with your 3bet, did you do it for value?

Best Regards.
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Well I guess I would call a smallish 4bet and probably also make a crying fold if he 4bets really big or shoves. You would suggest flatting there? I flat there with AK and somtimes AQ but i think QQ is too strong. At nl10 they could flat with JJ and go broke on T high board can't they?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by pokerprons
      Well I guess I would call a smallish 4bet and probably also make a crying fold if he 4bets really big or shoves. You would suggest flatting there? I flat there with AK and somtimes AQ but i think QQ is too strong. At nl10 they could flat with JJ and go broke on T high board can't they?
      Well, if you are raising against such a nit then you most likely have to even consider folding vs 4bet since his 4bet-broke range is going to be KK+/AK against which you at the best get a coinflip. That's the problem. Although while we flat we can still play it postflop with an overpair or even for set value.