This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 a7s vs early position limp

• PickoCro
      PickoCro
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $25.00
      BB:
      $19.85
      UTG2:
      $34.61
      MP1:
      $10.97
      MP2:
      $24.95
      MP3:
      $13.89
      CO:
      $25.00
      BU (Hero):
      $26.09

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7, A.
      MP1 posts deadblind, UTG2 folds, MP1 checks, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.35) 3, J, J (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.25, MP1 calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.85) A (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.85) 5 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $4.61, Hero calls $4.61.

Final Pot: $14.07.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks(7d Ad).
      MP1 shows three of a kind, jacks(7h Jh).

MP1 wins with three of a kind, jacks(7h Jh).

Preflop: This was the first time i we ever seen the villain and he played maybe 10 hands before this hand so i didn t know nothing about his game just wanted to iso pre and take it down with a c-bet.

Flop: I make a standard c-bet and he calls so i put him on a pair and plan to give up...

Turn: I hit an ace witch is great but decide to check back cause i don t think he d call me with an underpair... Also if he has a jack i keep the pot small...

River: He fires a potsized bet into me, and i have no idea what to do... I feel like my hand is too underrepped to fold, but there is also no draw that he can call the flop and bluff the river, also i don t think he d turn a pair into a bluff... If i had any stats or reads on him it would be an easier decision but vs a complete unknown should i just fold here?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I'd b/f turn and then take my free river. If I'd check back turn I'd call river. I have no idea if he would bet for value worse Ax hands, but if I check turn I also induce river so I think call is better than fold.