[NL20-NL50] NL25 a7s vs early position limp

• PickoCro
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7, A.
      MP1 posts deadblind, UTG2 folds, MP1 checks, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.35) 3, J, J (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.25, MP1 calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.85) A (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.85) 5 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $4.61, Hero calls $4.61.

Final Pot: $14.07.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks(7d Ad).
      MP1 shows three of a kind, jacks(7h Jh).

MP1 wins with three of a kind, jacks(7h Jh).

Preflop: This was the first time i we ever seen the villain and he played maybe 10 hands before this hand so i didn t know nothing about his game just wanted to iso pre and take it down with a c-bet.

Flop: I make a standard c-bet and he calls so i put him on a pair and plan to give up...

Turn: I hit an ace witch is great but decide to check back cause i don t think he d call me with an underpair... Also if he has a jack i keep the pot small...

River: He fires a potsized bet into me, and i have no idea what to do... I feel like my hand is too underrepped to fold, but there is also no draw that he can call the flop and bluff the river, also i don t think he d turn a pair into a bluff... If i had any stats or reads on him it would be an easier decision but vs a complete unknown should i just fold here?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      I'd b/f turn and then take my free river. If I'd check back turn I'd call river. I have no idea if he would bet for value worse Ax hands, but if I check turn I also induce river so I think call is better than fold.