would you call min 3bet

• fishlock
      fishlock
      Bronze
      Been playing MSS in the mirco's $0.02-$0.04, bet 12 cents with JJ UTG2 and MP3 min-raised to 20c. I know the rules say I should fold if someone 3bets me, but was wondering if I should call and hope I hit trips. I did call, checked the flop which had a king in it, then folded when he bet. So don't know if I played it right, or should of just folded pr-flop and saved myself couple of BB. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • 5 replies
    • SnakeDoctor44
      SnakeDoctor44
      Bronze
      I'm no expert, there are more skilled players than me that could better answer your question but JJ is a hand where you are not always looking to hit trips with, it had showdown value even without hitting trips.

I would probably call a minimum 3-bet. At low stakes the opponents hand ranges are so loose that they could be 3-betting with any two cards. More often than not I find players at the lower stakes re-raise with any cards because bluffing is what the cool kids do these days. It also depends on how much your opponent bet, it he min bet I would call all day, however if he bet 3/4+ of the pot I would probably fold.

But calling the 3-bet sounds fine, If no overcards come on the flop you can bet into him and if a scare card or two comes up you can raise and see where you are at in the hand, if he shows agression after that its best to just lay it down.

This is just what I would do in that situation, I'm hardly a professional.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

If you are relatively new to Poker or relatively new to the MSS strategy, I would certainly stick to the Starting Hand Charts as much as possible for the short term.

The SHC are there to give you a solid guideline on how to play MSS correctly and deviating away from it will cost you tons of money in the long run.

If the chart says fold to a 3Bet then fold to the 3bet.

After plenty of practice and game time, you will soon figure out when to correctly play different from the charts, but this will come after plenty of time at the tables.

All the best,
      Gary
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fishlock
      Been playing MSS in the mirco's $0.02-$0.04, bet 12 cents with JJ UTG2 and MP3 min-raised to 20c. I know the rules say I should fold if someone 3bets me, but was wondering if I should call and hope I hit trips. I did call, checked the flop which had a king in it, then folded when he bet. So don't know if I played it right, or should of just folded pr-flop and saved myself couple of BB. Any advice would be appreciated.

It's an ok call if Villain has 10x his 3-bet behind + that's the effective stack. Otherwise it's a fold I'd say. Not always easy to laydown these nice pocket pairs, but they are easily dominated with A/K/Q high boards.

Good luck at the tables!
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      In my experience maaaaaany fish will make this insta min3bet with complete trash when they are a little bit tilted (and most are completely unbalanced and would actually 3 bet a legitimate hand much bigger) so if the guy who min3bets you is a fish and he does it instantly I would pretty much always 4bet to like 90cents and get it in. you can dominate many K7 type combos. If the villian thinks for a while then min3bets, as if scared to chase you away then it looks more suspicious and you can just call for some set value/to pick up reads postflop from his timing and sizing and sometimes make some calldowns.

If you get it in and he does infact show you AA then just take a note that he will min3bet monsters and you know in future.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      The most fishy thing you could ever do here is folding JJ to a min 3bet. And yeah, I don't mind getting it in either for 40BB.