[NL2-NL10] NL4SH slow play, getting more value

• rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Hi,

I was wondering how else I could have tried to extract more value from this hand. Hit best trips on the flop (with no real draws) so was trying to lure him in by giving him good pot odds. Turn figured the second 8 would be too scary for a second barrel, hence the check. But when he checked it down figured that a value bet would be best. Should I have made it a smaller bet, I decided against it because it seemed too obvious.

Or what other ways do I have to extracting more value from the absolute nuts?

Thanks!

Party Poker $4.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 1471979
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN/SB: $4.13
      Hero (BB): $4.12

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is BB with 8 :club: 8 :diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.16, BTN/SB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.32) 8 :spade: 3 :heart: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, BTN/SB calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.62) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB checks

River: ($0.62) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.44, BTN/SB calls $0.44

Final Pot: $1.50
      BTN/SB mucks 7 :club: 7 :spade:
      Hero shows 8 :club: 8 :diamond:
      Hero wins $1.43
  • 2 replies
    • philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Flop: Nah, you still need to get it in, so at least $0.24... I'd bet $0.28....

Turn: Depends on opponent; if he's one of those maniacs who bets 100% of the time you check, maybe it's worth trapping here. But if he's passive, checking is a huge mistake when OOP.

Don't worry about trying to make smaller bets to lure a player into calling - you'll be surprised how often people call larger bets in the nanos. You want his stack, and you can't do this with small bets or checking... ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rudders93,

Bet it on every street and don't bet it that smallish. :) You missed a lot value. :( Trust me, not worth slowplaying while you are OOP.

Best Regards.