This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 QQ take 2

• enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      Ongame Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1472269
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $4.00
      Hero (BTN): $1.60
      SB: $3.79
      BB: $4.04
      UTG: $4.21
      MP: $7.50

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is BTN with Q :spade: Q :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.18, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.48, SB calls $0.46, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.18) 8 :club: 6 :diamond: K :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.12 all in, SB calls $1.12

Turn: ($3.42) 9 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($3.42) 4 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

I was really not sure what to do after the flop came. Any bet basically commits me and there arent a lot of worse hands in his coldcall 3bet range that pay me off (AK is obviously calling me here, and i dont see anyone reasonable calling me here w/ 77, 99-jj, or AQ. Maybe AcJc..). I was thinking about betting small and make a crying fold to a shove, but given the stack sizes that seemed too weak.
      Checking back seemed like a bad idea since the board is still somewhat coordinated and i'd hate to give a free card here.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Heyhello,

Why do you 3bet so small? 3x is more rule than exception with any hand worth 3betting.

On the flop I would shove as a cbet because any other line is allowing our opposition to bluff us out and we don't want that. AK would go all-in preflop, and we block KQ

Best regards,
      Gerv