[NL2-NL10] mylove190207 - hand evaluations 22

• mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      What do you think about that play? Is my re-raise on turn good or shoud I call him? I prefer bilding pot in those situations, because of defend and value if oponent catching flush.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5
      BB:
      $4,44
      UTG2:
      $2,24

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2:heart: , 2:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,05, 5 folds, Hero calls $0,03, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,15) Q:club: , 4:diamond: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0,1, UTG2 calls $0,10, Hero calls $0,10.

Turn: ($0,45) 8:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG2 bets $0,1, Hero raises to $0,57, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0,47.

River: ($1,59) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,76, UTG2 calls $0,76.

Final Pot: $3,11

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows (Qd 8s)
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, deuces (2h 2d)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, deuces (2h 2d)
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Yeah I like your play here. The flop is really dry and you've got 2 players in the pot with you. Calling the flop is fine, but by the turn you've definitely got to start building the pot up. On the river I would bet bigger, maybe $1.20 or something just to get maximum value out of him.

Another line you could take is to donk the flop. That way you can induce one of the players to raise and take the initiative yourself :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mylove190207,

Flop: Well, I don't really see any reason why we should slowplay there that long. :) Rather just Bet yourself on flop and build it up, I would even consider doing it pot size. If they don't have a Qx they wont pay you much either. Plus you are OOP.

As played
      Turn: Well, kinda close as well, other option would be to donk yourself to avoid them Checking behind for pot control or anything similar. You don't want to see that. That's also the reason why you should just pick Bet/Bet/Bet line rather than Check/Call and Check/Raise or Check/Call turn. :)

As played
      River: Could easily even bet it bigger. But overall obviously just start betting right on flop, if they don't have a hand then they wont pay you anyways much while the turn wont change much if everyone of them Check behind.

Best Regards.