$35.59
      BU:
      $26.75
      SB (Hero):
      $25.35
      BB:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4, 4.
      UTG1 calls $0.25, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.75) 8, A, 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50, UTG1 folds.

Turn: ($1.75) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, BB calls $1.25.

River: ($4.25) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.50, Hero raises to $7.89, BB raises to $23.00, Hero calls $15.11.

Final Pot: $50.25.

Results follow:

BB shows a full-house, aces full of nines(Ac 9s).
      Hero shows a full-house, fours full of aces(4c 4h).

BB wins with a full-house, aces full of nines(Ac 9s).

Soooo nothing out of the ordinary happens until the river. This guy is a reg playing 13/8 over a thousand hands, kind of a tight player, don t think he s especially good, or bad, he is neither too aggressive nor to passive, just a normal type of player i guess...
      The river i decide to check to induce some type of bluff if he doesn t happen to have anything, and if he has an ace (i put him on a weak ace) he s value-betting anyway so i want to win a bigger pot by check raising... Unfortunately he then pushes all in... I don think he is ever capable of bluffing here, i ruled out 99 because he didn t seem like the type of player to call 2 streets with 99 on that board, 88 also because i think it seems likely to him that i have an ace if he has 88 and he d want to make the pot bigger... Only a9 or a8, (a4 would be really sick) beat me in my mind witch i am 90% sure he has but i just can t bring myself to fold here... After i saw it i was mega tilted that i didn t fold, so am i just being result oriented or should this be a fold? Also any advice on any street would be appreciated...
  • 2 replies
    • Vodivi
      Vodivi
      Bronze
      well after a thousand hands, you should have like wayy more reads, like agr, c/r % etc

but as played, if he is not too agro postflop, as played, i think its best to c/r fold river

tho my line would be just to bet here for straight value and call a normal raise(not a push)

loads of players wouldnt fold here 9x, even some 8x, TT and obv no aces
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vodivi
      well after a thougsand hands, you should have like wayy more reads, like agr, c/r % etc

but as played, if he is not too agro postflop, as played, i think its best to c/r fold river

tho my line would be just to bet here for straight value and call a normal raise(not a push)

loads of players wouldnt fold here 9x, even some 8x, TT and obv no aces
      +1. If you don't think he would shove there flushes you should fold to shove. He is not shoving for value worse and no-one would bluff there