This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 full house river decision

• PickoCro
      PickoCro
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $27.32
      UTG2:
      $33.07
      MP1:
      $32.14
      MP2:
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $40.25
      CO:
      $35.59
      BU:
      $26.75
      SB (Hero):
      $25.35
      BB:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4, 4.
      UTG1 calls $0.25, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.75) 8, A, 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50, UTG1 folds.

Turn: ($1.75) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, BB calls $1.25.

River: ($4.25) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.50, Hero raises to $7.89, BB raises to $23.00, Hero calls $15.11.

Final Pot: $50.25.

Results follow:

BB shows a full-house, aces full of nines(Ac 9s).
      Hero shows a full-house, fours full of aces(4c 4h).

BB wins with a full-house, aces full of nines(Ac 9s).

Soooo nothing out of the ordinary happens until the river. This guy is a reg playing 13/8 over a thousand hands, kind of a tight player, don t think he s especially good, or bad, he is neither too aggressive nor to passive, just a normal type of player i guess...
      The river i decide to check to induce some type of bluff if he doesn t happen to have anything, and if he has an ace (i put him on a weak ace) he s value-betting anyway so i want to win a bigger pot by check raising... Unfortunately he then pushes all in... I don think he is ever capable of bluffing here, i ruled out 99 because he didn t seem like the type of player to call 2 streets with 99 on that board, 88 also because i think it seems likely to him that i have an ace if he has 88 and he d want to make the pot bigger... Only a9 or a8, (a4 would be really sick) beat me in my mind witch i am 90% sure he has but i just can t bring myself to fold here... After i saw it i was mega tilted that i didn t fold, so am i just being result oriented or should this be a fold? Also any advice on any street would be appreciated...
  • 2 replies
    • Vodivi
      Vodivi
      Bronze
      well after a thousand hands, you should have like wayy more reads, like agr, c/r % etc

but as played, if he is not too agro postflop, as played, i think its best to c/r fold river

tho my line would be just to bet here for straight value and call a normal raise(not a push)

loads of players wouldnt fold here 9x, even some 8x, TT and obv no aces
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vodivi
      well after a thougsand hands, you should have like wayy more reads, like agr, c/r % etc

but as played, if he is not too agro postflop, as played, i think its best to c/r fold river

tho my line would be just to bet here for straight value and call a normal raise(not a push)

loads of players wouldnt fold here 9x, even some 8x, TT and obv no aces
      +1. If you don't think he would shove there flushes you should fold to shove. He is not shoving for value worse and no-one would bluff there