This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH 77 in 3-bet pot

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      So I know its not standard to be calling the 3-bets, but sometimes I decide to make it 3x pre instead of 4 so that I can occasionally peel a flop vs these 3x raises with pocket pairs. 0.60 to win his stack if I flop a set.

I flop the set and raise as expected. Sizing okay?

I don't expect him to donk shove here with 9x (plus he's 3-bet me pre so I don't put any 9's in his range). I think he is most likely doing it for fold equity with an overpair? Would he do this with JJ? I feel he's more likely to just get it in on the flop with JJ?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $14.07
      Hero:
      $10.15

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7:heart: , 7:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.85) J:diamond: , 8:heart: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.32, Hero raises to $4.00, BB calls $2.68.

Turn: ($9.85) 6:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $9.17 (All-In), Hero calls $5.25 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($20.35) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, sevens (7h 7s)
      BB shows (Td Tc)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, sevens (7h 7s)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: Well, why not to Call the 3bet here? He is giving us ~17,5:1 odds. Which are perfect for 3bet pot.
      Postflop: Pretty standard. :) I would have played the same way. Nice hand! Do like as well the sizings.

Best Regards.