[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AK vs weird villan line

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Should I be protecting again on the turn? I Feel I get more information by checking. When he checks back I am sure he has a big club.

Then he bets 0.50 on the river, which is less than my flop bet. I call out of curiosity and I think theres a chance he is bad enough to bet some kind of ~A6 no club hand this way. Is it worthwhile to do this on occasion to help reads? Obviously I take a note.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $10
      Hero:
      $15.92
      CO:
      $6.45

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      MP2 checks, Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) A:club: , 5:club: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.66, CO calls $0.66.

Turn: ($2.27) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($2.27) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.5, Hero calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $3.27

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (As Kd)
      CO shows a flush, ace high (Kc 3c)

CO wins with a flush, ace high (Kc 3c)
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Rather Bet/Fold it on turn as well than give away free cards for his draws. There are a lot of worse hands which may pay you.

But as played I doubt he is ever betting with worse than X. Most likely just wants to get thin value, if he wanted to bluff then he would most likely bet the turn. Or either way if he wanted to protect any kind of his hands.

Best Regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I understand that, but based on the bet size that he called on the flop I think he'd go for more value on the river when he makes it. I didn't think I was Beaton much here, just considered it cheap information. Is the information not worth 5bb?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      I understand that, but based on the bet size that he called on the flop I think he'd go for more value on the river when he makes it. I didn't think I was Beaton much here, just considered it cheap information. Is the information not worth 5bb?
      Well, the information you get from here is:
      a) He is inducing bluff ; b) He bets for thin value with weak flush

Doubt that there is much information and from that kind of opponent I would most likely expect to see both. And you could take already both notes.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Thanks again. I added Checks back turn when flopped nut flush, and Calls MP raises in CO with suited Kings. I already had bluff induces on the river. I see your point though, It doesn't really change the situation in future.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      Thanks again. I added Checks back turn when flopped nut flush, and Calls MP raises in CO with suited Kings. I already had bluff induces on the river. I see your point though, It doesn't really change the situation in future.
      At least worthy note about Checking back with nut-flush on turn. :D Really horrible line.