Party poker freerolls quality

• wpot1
      wpot1
      Bronze
      Hello to everyone in the community,

first of all, I don't consider myself as a winning player, however I enjoy playing "normal" and "rational" poker, developing a strategy and enjoying the game as it evolves.

This is what DOES NOT happen at the $100 daily freerolls!! Too sad!! People just going all in every hand, just for the fun of it! Of course at the end of the day, you prefer to turn off the computer and get some rest instead of playing a game you would enjoy in normal conditions.

Therefore a friendly suggestion would be if it is possible to have some requirements for freeroll buy-ins, this could be perhaps raked hands or something similar.

Once again, thank you for bearing with me & good luck at the tables!!

Antonis
  • 7 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey wpot1,

First of all welcome to the community as I see it is your first post :)

We have a dedicated article that I suggest you look at:

How to play a Freeroll

Unfortunately, when games are free to enter, most players tend not to take the game seriously and it can be very frustrating.

However, if you find the patience and wait for the correct spots you should have no trouble progressing deep into the tournament :)

I hope this was helpful and I hope to see you contributing around the forums more

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • wpot1
      wpot1
      Bronze
      well said mod,

however i would still suggest even the lightest criteria in order to keep the "bingo players" or some of them, away from the tables.

What i m trying to point out is that the level of your site & community is high compared to the level of the players joining in the ps freerolls at partypoker ....probably they haven't even passed the test :f_p:

regards!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey again wpot1,

Unfortunately, as people are entitled to register there is no way we can filter the "fish" out of the games. However, you should be glad to see these guys at the tables. It should be very easy stack them at the right time?

Just stick to the basics and play your premium hands and you will be rewarded. Yes, there will be times when your AA gets cracked by 37o and you are gonna feel angry. If you are gonna be the best you have to be prepared to take these beats :)

Best regards,

Gary
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Take their money and be quiet about it.
      When you find fish in a particular spot, keep fishing as long as they're biting.

If you're whining 'cuz the fishing is too easy, and there is no challenge, go find some great white sharks -- but they'll likely eat you alive.

But seriously, a lot of people are playing in a ridiculous way because they can.
      There is nothing at stake. It is not uncommon to play a freeroll for several hours and win $0.30
      If you're two hours in and a friend comes over, are you going to tell him, "gee, no I don't want to go for a beer -- If I hang in two more hours I might win 30 cents?" No -- you ship it till you lose then you go out. Or, you just leave, and force the rest of the players to eat your stack one blind at a time.

Oh, and if you think freerolls bring out the ridiculous, try play money.

--VS
    • c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      That's because playing the 100$ freeroll is...

A.) useless

B.) complete waste of time

... because even NL2 is more profitable.

If I'd play it, I'd go all-in with any pair & any Ax, until I'm a massive chip leader or broke.
    • Holdemfreakie
      Holdemfreakie
      Bronze
      I feel the pain aswell, when getting badbeated by 73 vs my AA
    • lennyCro
      lennyCro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by c0wking
      That's because playing the 100$ freeroll is...

A.) useless
      Agree. Both when we talk about $ or skill building.
      B.) complete waste of time
      ...also agree...
      ... because even NL2 is more profitable.

If I'd play it, I'd go all-in with any pair & any Ax, until I'm a massive chip leader or broke.
      Hate to see ppl do that even in such a worthless tourny..