[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH - Two pair faces shove on river.

• Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Villain has very fishy stats but is actually a winner at NL4 somehow according to Poker Table Ratings. He folds quite often to my c-bets, so much that I c-bet 100% vs. this guy. So when he continues, he has a hand. He has done this river raise to me twice. Once I folded, and once he had a great hand, though I forget exactly what the hand was.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($4.73)
      Hero (BB) ($4)
      Button ($15.08) (47/2 over 420 hands. AF is 2.6, 2.9/1.8/3.5 by street. Fold to c-bet is 65%, WTSD 17%, W$SD 46%. Reads detailed above.)
      SB ($5.24)
      MP ($5.22)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, K
      2 folds, Button calls $0.04, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.12, Button calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.34) K, 2, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, Button calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.78) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, Button calls $0.60

River: ($1.98) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.26, Button raises $4.40, Hero calls $1.76 (All-In)

Total pot: $8.02
  • 5 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      He seems to have taken a really weird line here but he is very loose passive preflop. Can we put KJ or JJ in his limp calling on the button range?

22 might play the hand this way? K8? I feel like you're somehow behind here but I cant work out what hand he has, and whether you are priced in to a call anyway getting almost 3 to 1. Interesting to see what Veriz says.

Out of interest, Why do you decide to raise here and play OOP against a guy with a wide range with K4? Also, you need to raise more pre.
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      My hand converter is weird. I bet 12c, but that was in addition to the BB, so I bet to 3 bb + 1 bb for the limper. Should I still bet more from the BB?

I made this play because the guy likes to call preflop and folds so often to c-bets that it's a +EV play by itself, let alone when I flop something.

Yes, we can put KJ in his limping range, not sure about JJ. Probably not, his ATS is 3%, which is JJ+, AK. Also, while it was probably a typo, I raised with K6, not K4.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Sorry, hand convertor made it confusing, and K4 was a typo.

I would make it more since you're OOP. You almost certainly would make it more with a strong hand vs such a fish preflop.

Interestingly though, if your plan is to keep the pot small, expecting him to fold to a c-bet (and you're cbetting all your air) I'm not sure what you did was wrong.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Salivanth,

Preflop: Well, I would never-ever raise here vs station. I mean you said he is folding quiet often to your CBets but 65% ain't much. :) Standard Check here and see the postflop. From what is K6 ahead? :> Of course there are a lot of hands but still most of the hands can even float you and take you down postflop. Not worth to raise at all.

As played
      Postflop: Well, practically you just put yourself into this spot. :D It's pretty obvious that the guy ain't raising as bluff or with a lot weaker hands on river. I mean what do you expect to beat there? J8/J6/K2 and that's likely it. Although I guess the guy wouldn't limp that often with K2/J6. So at the best for us J8 and that's it.

We need ~22% equity here. And if we really consider him being able to have such a range as:

Board: K:club: 2:club: J:diamond:  6:spade:  8:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    65.63%  59.38%   6.25% { KK, JJ, 22, KJs, K8s, K6s, J8s, KJo, K8o, K6o, J8o }
      UTG+1  34.38%  28.13%   6.25% { Kd6h }

Then we can't really get it away here. Although the question really is if he has J8o/J8s and such hands in his calling range till river. That's another reason why you shouldn't play with such hands as K6 which is way too often dominated.

Best Regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Really loved your breakdown on this hand Veriz. I appreciate it greatly!