[NL2-NL10] NL2 - A tricky spot I never encountered before

• HeyitsClay
      HeyitsClay
      Bronze
      villain is 35/4/1.8 over 52 hands.

I didnt really know what to do while this hand played out....

analyzing it now I think I played incorrectly maybe but i think at NL2 people make crazy bets with nothing and im too much of a call station.

My logic at the time was with JJ on the board if put both people on like AT AA or AQ and figured they are betting because they A) dont suspect anyone would have a jack so they are bluffing B) they wouldn't ever suspect 44 in my range also

Looking back, I should have put one of these guys on a J,X hand, Calling the flop isnt that bad (maybe its best to shove here if im committed to my hand if I put them on trip J?) Turn i should have 100% folded seems most the time i think im facing 4 of a kind jacks

Just looking for some input here, thanks alot

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $5.30
      BB (Hero):
      $2.53
      MP2:
      $0.99
      MP3:
      $5.01
      CO:
      $1.45
      BU:
      $1.06

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 4.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.07, 2 folds, SB calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.21) J, J, 4 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.12, SB calls $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.57) J (3 players)
      SB bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36, MP3 folds.

River: ($1.29) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.98(All-In), SB calls $1.38.

Final Pot: $5.25.

Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, jacks full of fours(4c 4h).
      SB shows a full-house, jacks full of kings(Kd Kc).

SB wins with a full-house, jacks full of kings(Kd Kc).
  • 3 replies
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      don't know if c/c against such stations on flop is very good, because they are stations and might not bet. But the board is dry, so probably its possible to call.

Turn i should have 100% folded seems most the time i think im facing 4 of a kind jacks

You cannot put him 100% on Jx, but you could put him on better fullhouse, so knowing that he is not very aggresive and bets second time, I think we can consider folding.

But the river play is very bad imo. By raising I don't think you can force better fullhouses to fold. The only worse hands that could call your raise are 22 and 33. It is very likely that you are beat, since he bets 3rd street, so I don't think he is bluffing 3 streets there. So the river should be a fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello HeyitsClay,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: You can easily just start betting here yourself and build up the pot. If they have a hand they will pay anyways. Check/Calling might not just build perfectly the pot as what happened when he bet 1/2 pot size bet.

As played
      Turn: I don't like that much to continue here, you should easily just Check/Fold right here. :) What worse hand do you beat which is betting into multiway pot? Even 55 now beats you. Easy fold.

As played
      River: Totally overplayed, as mentioned even 55 beats you know.

Best Regards.
    • HeyitsClay
      HeyitsClay
      Bronze
      Thanks alot guys