Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($31.02)
      BB ($40.76)
      UTG ($12.72)
      CO ($17.09)
      Hero ($28.31)

Dealt to Hero A:club: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.80, fold, Hero raises to $2.60, fold, fold, UTG calls $1.80

FLOP ($5.50) 9:diamond: 8:heart: 7:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $3.10, UTG raises to $10.12 (AI), Hero folds

UTG wins $11.12

anonimous table - the player looked tight, so don't know what to do here. If we put him on PPs then we cannot cbet becuase many of them should raise, just 55-22 might fold. AK is probably not in his range, AQ is less likely, maybe KQ is likely which he should fold. What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • Vodivi
      Vodivi
      Bronze
      if villain looked tight i would probably not 3bet in the first place, just play a pot IP.

as played, i think its quite a terrible board to cbet, so i would check back and maybe take a stab on some turns
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: As you said he is a tight player then why do you 3bet in first place? If you are going to 3bet then you should also have the plan to go broke against his stack. Although myself I'd rather prefer to passive lien and just Call and reevaluate it on further streets.

As played
      Postflop: Well, against tight player I don't really see why we should even CBet here, you ain't making any better hands to fold anyways. A lot of broadways are going to continue here, FD/SD. Just Check it behind and be happy if you even get a free showdown. You ain't making worse hands to fold neither you ain't betting for a value/protection here.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      As you said he is a tight player then why do you 3bet in first place?

Don't know actually :) Probalby because I wanted to make fold PPs so I win the pot preflop. But I could try to outplay those PP's IP