BB ($6.15)
      UTG ($3.98)
      UTG+1 ($3.98)
      UTG+2 ($4)
      MP1 ($4.95)
      CO ($1.28)
      BTN ($4)

Dealt to Hero 7:heart: 7:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.04, fold, fold, CO calls $0.04, BTN raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.18, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.36, BTN calls $0.16, fold

How does it work here? I have two opponents whose combined stacks are ~$4.5, but for .36 I need ~$7, so I fold. Is my calculation right or should I take into consideration also the money I have already put into the pot? I think either way the result is about the same and I should fold..
  • 4 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      You are only calling 0.16 more AND closing the action, whilst the pot is 0.98. The pot is already giving you 6:1 without any implied odds. You would only need to make 0.32 every time you flop a set in this spot to make it break even. The short stack is almost always going to be all in on the flop since his limp-raise is so huge (edit: by huge I mean strong not large in size) pre, and the implied odds you get vs the button's stack more than compensate for this. I would never fold here.
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Agreed with Memmawuk. The Call 20 rule applies to how much money you need to call right now, not how much money you have to put in the pot during the entire preflop action.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gloryne,

Well, the case here is that you not only taking into account the raiser stack. But also could even take a look at BTN stack. Against you most likely even getting the odds while the pot is already big enough to consider Calling. So for that reason adding only $0,16 and nobody is behind you to act you can easily Call here. If there was a shorty to act or something similar then rather fold since you can expect him to very often ship it.

Best Regards.
    • Gloryne
      Gloryne
      Bronze
      OK. Thank you all for your answers :)