[NL2-NL10] NL10 JJ 3way strange board

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Not sure what to do here. It almost looks like they've been colluding, but thats besides the point.

I raise pre get 2 callers. Guy in Blinds donks. Should I be raising here as a standard C-bet to find out where I am and protect against 74 and 78 (in a raised pot)? Regardless, I think my hand is very strong on this board so decide to just call.

Turn isnt ideal, but I dont think much has changed. Only 34 and 77 got there. I dont think BU has a 5 in his preflop calling range so when he raises i think he likely has an overpair like 88-TT. I call with the plan to play check-call on the river.

River puts out a 3rd 5. I'm Only losing to 77/66 in his range now so 6 combos. I beat 88/99/TT, 18 combos, and any potential spazz bluffs. Do you think it is safe to assume that he would be betting 88-TT here?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $8.25
      Hero:
      $13.79
      BU:
      $22.93

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:spade: , J:club:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, BU calls $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) 6:club: , 5:spade: , 5:diamond: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.3, Hero calls $0.30, BU calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.85) 7:diamond: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.3, Hero calls $0.30, BU raises to $1.60, BB folds, Hero calls $1.30.

River: ($5.35) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.9, Hero calls $3.90.

Final Pot: $13.15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Js Jc)
      BU shows a full-house, sixes full of fives (6s 6d)

BU wins with a full-house, sixes full of fives (6s 6d)
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Well, 89 got also there. :P But most likely I'd pick rather a safe line there and fold it on turn. I mean there are just so many hands which beat you by now and you gonna be OOP and it will be pretty hard for you to Call the river bet anyways.

Another option would be to raise the flop smallish and see the further action. But ye then would be the problem that some spew-monkeys could even go broke there with hands like 77-TT.

River puts out a 3rd 5. I'm Only losing to 77/66 in his range now so 6 combos. I beat 88/99/TT, 18 combos, and any potential spazz bluffs. Do you think it is safe to assume that he would be betting 88-TT here?

Well, if you are Calling the turn then there is no way you gonna lay it down. I mean on what did you put him on turn then? Now you also beat straights.

Best Regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      On the turn I put him on the same range as the river. 66/77/88/99/TT. I have underepped by hand by just flatting the 30c bet on both streets so He might think I'm just peeling with 2 overs here and try to make me pay to draw on the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      On the turn I put him on the same range as the river. 66/77/88/99/TT. I have underepped by hand by just flatting the 30c bet on both streets so He might think I'm just peeling with 2 overs here and try to make me pay to draw on the turn.
      Well, that's what I would usually rather do myself and protect from overcards then. :> But ye, as I said if you are Calling the turn then there is no way we are going to lay down our hand. :)

Although I wouldn't put the opponent on just that specific range but also might even possible to see 89 on turn which turns into nothing on river. But there he of course wouldn't bet it anyways.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Although I wouldn't put the opponent on just that specific range but also might even possible to see 89 on turn which turns into nothing on river. But there he of course wouldn't bet it anyways.
      I don't give him 89 due to playing 14/13.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      Originally posted by veriz

I don't give him 89 due to playing 14/13.
      Well, unfortunately you have only 78 hands. :( We can't be sure that he ain't playing with them. Plus you both are a bit deeper.