[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH TT peeling flop OOP

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I decide to peel the flop here OOP. Texture looks okay to do this on but possibly not the ideal opponent? Seems pretty aggro. I wasnt using stats whilst playing. Turn isnt a great card for me but when he doesn't bet I'm confident that I have the best hand. I think by betting the river he's even in a tough spot with Jx which he might occasionally fold with his low WTSD.

Should I check and let him try to bluff with A-hi? If he's going to bluff with Ax he would bet the turn more often?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.15
      MP2:
      $13.98

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , T:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0.30, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) K:diamond: , 9:club: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.46, Hero calls $0.46.

Turn: ($1.57) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($1.57) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.57
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

In those spots of course it's fine to even Check/Call the flop while his CBetting range is definitely very wide. Although what I usually do in those spots is that I donk the turn to avoid him making hero-calls on river with Jx or anything similar. We have definitely there fold equity, might even protect our hand and at the same time we wouldn't have the bad spot where he could easily just 2nd barrel against you and you wont know where you stand at.

If you go for Check on river then you had to consider Check/Folding, since he ain't betting there as bluff anyways. If he wanted to bluff then he would have done that on turn.

Best Regards.