A Wise Mans SNG Blog ~ If It Dont Make Dollars then It Dont Make Sense ~ November Blues...

• jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Gold
      Ok maybe not a wise man but definitely a man :D . After a 2 week hiatus from poker(nothing I had control over) Im back even more motivated than before. :f_biggrin:

Background
      Was born in October 1991 in Camden London.Raised in Limerick Ireland. Currently in my third year of college studying Internets Systems Development(Boring as hell).A fan of sports and working out in the gym.Also a big fan of rap music and Trance. Started playing poker at the age of 16 with friends every Friday with a few beers(Under age drinking take that society!) Started playing online at 18 losing a bit here and there.Started taking it a little more seriously about 4 months ago.
      My current graph a combination of $5s and $7s since stars changed the buy in structures. A lot of work still needs to be done as you can see.

Motivation
      What motivates me? First of all I enjoy the game although not a fan of this fun thing we call variance but hey you take the good with the bad and isn't variance the thing that keeps fishes coming back :f_biggrin: . Secondly Id like to eventually make a living off poker. A 9 to 5 job and a boss just doesn't seem to be for me especially in Programming or something similar.Who wants to sit in front of a computer all day eh? :D I realize its not gonna be an easy task but anything in life worth having doesn't come easy.Many people are doing it so what stopping me?Im willing to work just as hard as the next guy, if not harder to accomplish my goals. Love listening to my man ET the preacher.Always keeps me motivated and hungry.Check him out >

Goals in Poker and Life

Short Term Goals
      [ ] Maintain Gold status on Pokerstrategy and silver on stars.
      [ ] 40 games a day
      [ ] Attend all SNG coachings every week.
      [ ] Watch 3 videos a week on here
      [ ] Read an article a week on here
      [ ]Increase squat to 110kg on last set (Currently 95kg)
      [ ]Increase Bench to 70kg on last set (Currently 60kg)
      [ ]Start deadlifting
      [ ]Cardio twice a week
      [ ]Start up some combat sport(Thinking kick boxing or Krav Maga)
      [ ]Post hands with sng study group and also on hand evaluation section
      [ ]Get a few sng coaching sessions. (Thinking 5 hours of homegrown Pokerstrategy coach
      Jaxtraw)

Mid Term Goals
      [ ]Finish last year of college with over 50% average
      [ ]Move up to the 15s on stars
      [ ]Upgrade to Platinum on here and Gold on stars
      [ ]Bring down bodyfat %
      [ ]Increase strength and body mass

Long Term Goals
      [ ]Look like the hulk :D jk lol
      [ ]Turn Poker Pro

As you can see a lot of goals with so little time so i better get cracking.Will try to update a couple days a week.Probably be talking to myself on here for awhile but eventually I hope il have some followers :f_biggrin: lol
      May the variance be with you on the tables :D
      Jason F
  • 83 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Fixed the link for the graph in your post. :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Hey Jason!

Best of luck in your bloggaments!

Will be following your every move and wish you continued success in poker journey :)

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

A fellow Irishman,

Gary
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Gold
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Fixed the link for the graph in your post. :)
      Ok thanks 4 edits in the space of a minute trying to fix it lol
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Gold
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hey Jason!

Best of luck in your bloggaments!

Will be following your every move and wish you continued success in poker journey :)

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

A fellow Irishman,

Gary
      Thanks and try keep the Irish to a minimum I was a pass student in Irish lol.I do believe that means may the road succeed with you right?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      No worries mo chara :)

I believe the literal meaning is "May the road rise to meet you" I was a pass student also so don't worry, my Irish is very, very basic :D
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Gold
      Ok time for an update. First off got to Thank God Its Monday! :D

So last 2 days been pretty good.Finally found an apartment so no need to roam the streets :tongue: . Just have to put down a deposit tomorrow. As for Poker its been pretty good aswell been running as hot as Forest Gump :f_biggrin: .

Only negative over the last few days is I fell asleep after I did some house hunting so missed TheNoses coaching session earlier. :s_confused:
      Forgot to state my bankroll in the previous post.Using a 100BI BR management.Plan to move up to 15s when I have a roll of 100BI for 7s + 20BI for 15s so when Iv a roll of $1000. Plan is to move back down if i lose 20BI in 15s.
      BR currently = $740.43
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Gold

Moved into my new place Thursday so no internet since so 0 games played since Thursday. Finally got my internet in today and got an upgrade to 25mb from a previous puny 3mb :D . The only upside of no poker is it makes you hungry for it.Makes you realize how bad you want it and makes you want to put in hard work :s_biggrin: . Unlucked a $50 stellar reward last week which was a nice addition to my bankroll.
      Current Bankroll: $811.
      So time for some grinding.Be back soon with some updates.
      My favorite quote of the day.
      One major thing that stands in between you and the fulfillment of your dream is the willingness to start, the courage to move ahead and the faith to finish.
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Gold
      An updates well over due so pokers been pretty sick over the last few days.Dropped about $200 since my last visit here.25 buy in swings are pretty standard though i guess.No time for complaining just got to put in more work i guess. :s_cool: Plan is to get a few coaching sessions by the end of the month as well to try improve my game.

Outside of poker things are doing ok.Weights slowly going up in the gym.Only thing is college.Feel burnt out from it.Feels more like a grind now but you got to do what you have to get by I guess. :evil: . Birthdays tomorrow hitting the big 20(bye bye teenage years) still not sure of plans yet.The question is to drink or not to drink? :s_confused: . Although there are some obstacles before i reach my goals got to keep a positive mindset.Hard work will get me there in the end I'm sure.
      Current Bankroll: $611

• aftenieovidiu
      aftenieovidiu
      Bronze
      hey nice blog

i so you want ti do some some coaching,and i want to say that first a sweat session is better first.i never did one but from what i have heard is great.i am interested in doing one if you want.
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Gold
      Originally posted by aftenieovidiu
      hey nice blog

i so you want ti do some some coaching,and i want to say that first a sweat session is better first.i never did one but from what i have heard is great.i am interested in doing one if you want.
      Sounds good what game you currently play yourself and what limits? :D
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Gold
      Some wise words from Arnie :D Off to the gym now to murder some weights :f_biggrin:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Happy Birthday Sir :)
    • Murdoch25
      Murdoch25
      Bronze
      Interesting blog, look forward to reading more and wish you success in this journey.
    • aftenieovidiu
      aftenieovidiu
      Bronze
      i sent you a friend request.i will send my skype name and we can talk there if you want.
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Gold
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Happy Birthday Sir :)
      Thank you :D
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Gold
      Originally posted by aftenieovidiu
      i sent you a friend request.i will send my skype name and we can talk there if you want.
      Sent you my skype :f_biggrin:
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Gold
      Ok last few days of poker have not been the best.Bankroll currently sitting at $570 :evil: .Been out drinking and doing some partying so been slacking in the volume department aswell.Been testing the waters in the scotch whiskey department and turning into a big fan :s_thumbsup: Taking it handy tonight and still undecided if il head out tommorow for halloween :s_confused: .Feel like a loser stuck in on the internet on a Saturday night :f_mad: Off college for the week so plan on putting in a lot of work poker wise. Hopefully should get some coaching sessions soon aswell :D . Looking forward to chennys coaching in the morning.First sober Sunday morning iv seen in a long time ;( .TwiceT coaching should be good aswell :D Nice track with some strong lyrics from one of my favorite rappers Lowkey enjoy :P
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Gold
      Originally posted by Murdoch25
      Interesting blog, look forward to reading more and wish you success in this journey.
      Thanks and happy to have you apart of my blog :D
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Gold
      I must admit Im one bad man to keep this blog up to date lol. So the last week of poker was horrible dropped into the negative zone I think :evil: .I was too scared to even look at my giraffe because the physiological effect it would have on my game :f_biggrin: . Bankroll dropped down to about $400.Theres an upside to that though.Played 25 games so far today and made a fast $150 easy money aye? :D

Bankrolls Currently sitting at $610

Invested in some coaching off Jaxtraw aswell, a great guy by the way.Really knows his stuff. Found some leaks and been working on my game a little :s_cool: . Anyone on facebook might consider liking this page http://www.facebook.com/StreetKing Each like it gets 50cent donates a meal to a child in Africa :D .Great seeing people like that giving back to other people less fortunate. Nice Occupy video aswell hopefully there will be something done and corporate greed can end. F U ye fat greedy f**ks X(

Be back tomorrow hopefully, to post some new goals :D
      Never settle for less ~ Eric Thomas