[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Tt

• sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Opponent is 30/17 with 6% 3-bet and 23% cbet
      Pre: we got the right odds to call. And we can put hit on big pars and Ax
      Flop: If he bets, I give up. But since he checks back and he would never do it with Ax I put him on 77-KK and I think I could take him down here. so I barel him on the turn and river. Did I done ok?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.30)
      BB ($10.66)
      UTG ($18.83)
      Hero ($14.87)
      CO ($19.14)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: T:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, CO raises to $1.25, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.95

FLOP ($2.65) A:club: 3:club: 5:diamond:

Hero checks, CO checks

TURN ($2.65) A:club: 3:club: 5:diamond: A:heart:

Hero bets $1.76, CO calls $1.76

RIVER ($6.17) A:club: 3:club: 5:diamond: A:heart: 3:diamond:

Hero bets $4.11, CO folds
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sufix645,

Well, I wouldn't really bet this way into the pot. I mean you are never making him any better PPs to fold and at the same time you just valuetown yourself against them. From what worse do you get on river a Call?

Best Regards.
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      I think I can get a fold from better ones, because he was so afraid from the board and I had good opportunity to represent Ax. I cant get a fold from any PPs on the turn obviously but on the river he should fold or atleast I had a feeling that in his head I have Ax and he is weaker but might have better hand than me. So I wanted him to fold better hands than mine
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I think playing the hand this way is fine. Of course, it is turning a hand with decent showdown value into a bluff, but after firing 2 barrels after the flop action he will most likely fold everything in his range except a rivered set or something.

Whether it's the best line i'm not sure. We can always go for a check/call on the turn and river, or we can bet turn and then check/call the river to let him bluff off his missed flushdraws. Although the problem with this line is that he will always check back his hands with showdown value (But this does mean that his range is very polarised towards air :) )
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I think I can get a fold from better ones, because he was so afraid from the board and I had good opportunity to represent Ax. I cant get a fold from any PPs on the turn obviously but on the river he should fold or atleast I had a feeling that in his head I have Ax and he is weaker but might have better hand than me. So I wanted him to fold better hands than mine

Opponent who is playing 30/17, do you really think that opponent will ever fold there JJ-KK? Doubt that.

And as Wriggers said that he could bluff there with missed draws then I really doubt that. He doesn't have that many missed draws in his calling range, only FD and if he wanted to play that draw aggressively why didn't he bet the flop? ;) He could easily bet right there.

Plus that kind of guy could easily even Check behind his Ax holdings to induce bluffs from you, so should also watch out than donating money into the pot.