19/15/2.2
      steal from CO 17
      fold to resteal 76 (17)
      cbet 72
      cbet turn 55
      wtsd 24
      w$sd 49
      hands 1.7K

What do you think is it ok to bet turn, to protect against draws and get value from Qx, A9 hands?

How do you think - does he have enought bluffs on river?
  • 8 replies
    • Vodivi
      Vodivi
      Bronze
      firstly, IMO i dont like flatting ATo OOP, so id rather 3bet or fold it, it just doesnt have that good playability

the donk on the turn feels so awkward(not saying its bad), so i would probably just go for a c/c and c/f the river

as played, i would probably fold the river, not that many draws in his range that he would turn into a bluff, if he has 9T, he probably checking it back, the only flush draw, he might be bluffing is 9T and TJ, so most of the time, he vbetting the river.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      firstly, IMO i dont like flatting ATo OOP, so id rather 3bet

I don't 3bet because he will fold worse Ax and call AJ+ so I will be dominated
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: Well, I am still not a huge fan of flatting with those hands. Of course it's considerable but the problem is that against range of:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    50.33%  47.29%   3.04% { 22+, A5s+, K9s+, Q9s+, JTs, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo }
      UTG+1  49.67%  46.64%   3.04% { AsTd }

You ain't even ahead and which means you have to overplay the opponent postflop. While the guy even CBets a lot then the only reason to is to pick exactly this line as you did as even a bluff or another possibility would be to Check/Raise the flop. Although can we expect to see fold equity there if even has a made hand? Or what was your plan overall?

As played
      Postflop: Well, with made hands there is of course a reason to donk it and protect your hand. Although against that kind of opponent I might be even towards Check/Calling and letting him continue with some weaker hands/bluffs/semi-bluffs. While his 2nd barreling value is kinda high and I expect him to do so. Obviously it's not wrong to donk it, still avoid him Checking behind draws. But as played I don't really see what hands we beat on river, there are a lot of 2pairs possible and obviously even stronger made hands like JT which completed. Rather just Check/Fold it than do a hero-call vs his betting range there. He might even sometimes Check behind with just Ax here. :)

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Although can we expect to see fold equity there if even has a made hand? Or what was your plan overall?

The problem is that I don't have a really good plan - just donkbet flop and bluff him if I don't hit, or if I hit, then let him bluff me. Some other players said that I am folding in blinds too much, and I need to protect them, so I am trying to do so and this hand looked strong enough to do that.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Although can we expect to see fold equity there if even has a made hand? Or what was your plan overall?

The problem is that I don't have a really good plan - just donkbet flop and bluff him if I don't hit, or if I hit, then let him bluff me. Some other players said that I am folding in blinds too much, and I need to protect them, so I am trying to do so and this hand looked strong enough to do that.
      But well, would you really donk against aggressive opponent with TP type of hands ever? :) You would most likely rather let him CBet and then decide what you gonna do.

But obviously defending blinds can be pretty profitable if you have good postflop skills and also have plans. Without a plan it will be pretty hard to play it profitable, plus of course should have stats/information on the guy.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      But well, would you really donk against aggressive opponent with TP type of hands ever?

I guees not, but some second pair "to see where I am at". And it becomes cheaper than c/r. But of course if he cbets 90% of the time, or raises donkbets (cbets) a lot, then donk beting is not a good option.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      But well, would you really donk against aggressive opponent with TP type of hands ever?

I guees not, but some second pair "to see where I am at". And it becomes cheaper than c/r. But of course if he cbets 90% of the time, or raises donkbets (cbets) a lot, then donk beting is not a good option.
      Well the problem vs aggressive opponent is that he can easily even raise vs your donk with even air and overcards while your donking just doesn't make sense and you might fold the best hand.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Yeah, I aggree. But the opponent in this hand is not so aggresive, AF is only 2.2, so I guess donkbeting is one of the options. ALso I should check his raise cbet stat.