BTN wins $15.11

23/18/3.7
      fold to cbet 33
      raise cbet on flop 9
      raise cbet on turn 53 (19)
      wtsd 25
      w$sd 53
      hands 2K

I checked the hands in HEM and saw him calling cbet on flop with AQ TPTK in 4way pot and raising turn. Then fish donks 1/4 and he minriases him on river. But I only saw this one hand in the showdown, on others opponents folded so he made money without showdown by raising turn.

But this is big % of raising and calling a lot of flops. So he should have a lot of bluffs there. Or semibluffs. Then maybe I should 3bet him on turn with my TP to protect against seminbluffs?
  • 7 replies
    • Vodivi
      Vodivi
      Bronze
      really tough spot, in general, this is not a board that he should be floating very light, so on the turn we should decide, weather we are calling both or folding here, because calling to fold the river is not an option.

i would say that both arent that good of choices, so its not a mistake whichever you choose.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      weather we are calling both

I just didn't believe that he could ris so much money to make a bluff on the river. There might be sets in his range. Maybe AQ, but don't know would he bet it for value on the river.
    • Vodivi
      Vodivi
      Bronze
      if he raises it on the turn, he always shipping the river+there is J9 possible,which he might play against you IP from time to time
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

There is no way I am going to give it up on river after Calling the turn. Snap-Call there as well, didn't change much on river so which is towards a Call for me as well. The guy could easily even have bluffs in his range. And doubt that he would play TP this way, it's either a very strong hand or pure bluff. So Bet/Fold the flop or Bet/Call & Check/Call the river. :)

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      But this is something I could learn from this guy - calling flop and raising turn as bluff, or is this just overplaying? Earlier I used to think that he is tag-fish calling station :D but now I think he knows what he does and make money with it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      But this is something I could learn from this guy - calling flop and raising turn as bluff, or is this just overplaying? Earlier I used to think that he is tag-fish calling station :D but now I think he knows what he does and make money with it.
      Most likely he plays bluffs very often this way so we can easily adjust against him. Such a raise of turn 2nd barrel is pretty high. Also from such aggressive opponents I'd even expect them to trap us with Call on turn. :)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Most likely he plays bluffs very often this way so we can easily adjust against him.

Yeah, I also think - I should just bet with value hands agaisnt him so his bluffs will not work, because I will call them.

Also from such aggressive opponents I'd even expect them to trap us with Call on turn.

I think that he could easyli raise with strong hands, because he now has agro image, so I will pay off one day to his sets with top pair :D