This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4SH flush 3bet bluff

• rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Hi,

With this hand the opponent had a flop cbet% of 75%. Had VPIP of ~40%, PFR of 33% and 57% steal. Was wondering whether my play was valid. My thinking was this:

Preflop: He's abit loose, so I'm probably ahead of his range (according to Equilab, if I take his range to be 40% I'm just ahead with 50.02% equity).

Flop: Scary flop for both of us. I expect him to cbet given his high % of doing so, which is most likely a bluff (if he hit a flush, he'd probably try something fancy like a slow play, or atleast give me better odds to call). Hence I checked, with the intention of 3betting if he lead out. I figured the check-raise would look very scary and he'd lay his hand down unless it was an actual flush (had he called I would have laid down my hand).

Is my action likely to be +EV in the long run against players with a high flop cbet% (ie: is this a good opportunity to bluff) or should I just lay down my hand unless I've hit.

Thanks!

Party Poker $4 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1473647
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $4.09
      SB: $3.92
      Hero (BB): $4.02
      UTG: $4.25
      MP: $11.55
      CO: $4.94

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is BB with K :club: 9 :club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.12, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) 6 :diamond: 4 :diamond: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.54, BTN folds

Final Pot: $0.62
      Hero mucks K :club: 9 :club:
      Hero wins $0.59
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rudders93,

Well, of course it's doable. But I don't like your line against a station who could easily continue with any pair or draw there. Rather just give it up. Most likely I wouldn't advice to play such a hand preflop at all while it will be pretty hard for you to play it OOP against such a loose opponent.

Best Regards.