[NL2-NL10] NL4SH flush 3bet bluff

• rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Hi,

With this hand the opponent had a flop cbet% of 75%. Had VPIP of ~40%, PFR of 33% and 57% steal. Was wondering whether my play was valid. My thinking was this:

Preflop: He's abit loose, so I'm probably ahead of his range (according to Equilab, if I take his range to be 40% I'm just ahead with 50.02% equity).

Flop: Scary flop for both of us. I expect him to cbet given his high % of doing so, which is most likely a bluff (if he hit a flush, he'd probably try something fancy like a slow play, or atleast give me better odds to call). Hence I checked, with the intention of 3betting if he lead out. I figured the check-raise would look very scary and he'd lay his hand down unless it was an actual flush (had he called I would have laid down my hand).

Is my action likely to be +EV in the long run against players with a high flop cbet% (ie: is this a good opportunity to bluff) or should I just lay down my hand unless I've hit.

Thanks!

Party Poker $4 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1473647
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $4.09
      SB: $3.92
      Hero (BB): $4.02
      UTG: $4.25
      MP: $11.55
      CO: $4.94

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is BB with K :club: 9 :club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.12, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) 6 :diamond: 4 :diamond: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.54, BTN folds

Final Pot: $0.62
      Hero mucks K :club: 9 :club:
      Hero wins $0.59
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rudders93,

Well, of course it's doable. But I don't like your line against a station who could easily continue with any pair or draw there. Rather just give it up. Most likely I wouldn't advice to play such a hand preflop at all while it will be pretty hard for you to play it OOP against such a loose opponent.

Best Regards.