[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR AJo SB

• clandestineAl
      This was one of my non believing hands. I guess I should really have been putting him to the test on the flop. as he is either inducing or trying to see the turn cheap. So I should have folded the turn for sure when he bets it. I couldn't put him on 23 pre and I couldn't understand why he would play a set this way when he should be letting me bet first. I started paying more attention after this one.

Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, BU raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.28, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.25, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.00) A:diamond: , 5:spade: , 4:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.15, BU folds, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($1.30) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.8, Hero calls $0.80.

River: ($2.90) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.3, Hero calls $1.30.

Final Pot: $5.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows two-pair, aces and fours (Ac 4c)
      Hero shows (As Jd)

MP3 wins with two-pair, aces and fours (Ac 4c)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello clandestineAl,

Preflop: Against BU range and being OOP I wouldn't really recommend Calling here. His pretty nitty opponent and we will be playing OOP. Will be pretty hard to extract value and at the same time you wont know where you even stand with your hand. AJo ain't a very good hand for multiway pot. I'd either 3bet/Fold it or just fold it directly.

As played
      Postflop: Rather donk it yourself on turn vs his Bet size which looks kinda weak. And would have found out where your hand stands. Although when he decides to CBet a lot bigger then it becomes kinda close. Could be that he had a trap on flop and now tries to get maximum value. For that reason I might even fold it on turn since we are going to play the hand OOP and it will be anyways hard for us to Call him down here with just pure Ace while the guy could have already sets/2pairs and maybe even better Ace.

Best Regards.