[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR T9s UTG2

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      This was one of the hands when afterwards I thought I shouldn't have played it. My one hand of the night that I thought this. I think I was fine to bet the flop but I don't know what I was thinking betting the turn

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $7.58
      CO:
      $2
      BU:
      $4.18

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with T:spade: , 9:spade:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, CO calls $0.20, BU calls $0.20, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.67) A:club: , K:spade: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, CO folds, BU calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.47) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.7, BU calls $0.70.

River: ($2.87) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $2.87

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ts 9s)
      BU shows a pair of aces (Ah Th)

BU wins with a pair of aces (Ah Th)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello clandestineAl,

Preflop: I wouldn't really recommend playing those type of hands from UTG, it will be hard for you to extract value with them playing them OOP. At least MP2+ would be my advice. Of course it's not the case that you can't play the hands profitable but most likely you will face way too often problematic situations as which even happened.

As played
      Postflop: Again the hand where your 2nd barrel size is a leak. I mean do you really think he is going to fold any Kx here? Also you kinda representing with the bet size exactly the hand you have which is a draw. Rather make it a normal bet size or just Check it and reevaluate further actions.

Best Regards.