This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Set, going for value

• Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($2)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($1.04)
      UTG+1 ($1.07)
      UTG+2 ($4.02)
      MP1 ($2.05)
      CO ($2.79)
      BTN ($1.20)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, BTN calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.18) 4:diamond: Q:heart: Q:club:

Hero bets $0.09, BTN calls $0.09

TURN ($0.36) 4:diamond: Q:heart: Q:club: 7:heart:

Hero bets $0.14, BTN raises to $0.28, Hero raises to $0.42, BTN calls $0.14

RIVER ($1.20) 4:diamond: Q:heart: Q:club: 7:heart: J:spade:

Hero bets $1.15, BTN folds

Hero shows Q:spade: A:diamond:

Hero wins $1.15

I was betting so small because I wanted him to call, but my question is about the 3-bet on the turn. Just because he min-raised am I still min raising him or do I raise bigger or even shove?
  • 2 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      holy shit, you want value, so why do you bet so small?
      cbet the flop 0.12, bet the turn 2/3 pot and just shove the river, if you get raised on the turn, just ship it in there.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Krishjanis,

Preflop: Raise bigger while there is a limper and you are OOP, ~$0,12.
      Flop: Well, you have a leak in your bet sizes. :) Bet should be for value here which is ~$0,12 at least and maybe even bigger depending on the opponent. It wont change much, if he has a hand he is willing to call you anyways, you wont build up the pot while you are OOP.

As played
      Turn: Bet for value? :) Raise for value? What's the min-raises about?

As played
      River: Most likely missed value, I mean now an overcard comes and you bet pot size. Obviously he fold his any pair/PP. :) But according your line you should ship the river to get maximum value. But obviously previous streets were just horrible. In long run you most likely loosing a lot value in your play.

Best Regards.