This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] bet or not

• daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $9.92
      SB:
      $2.35
      BB:
      $23.18
      MP2:
      $9.53
      MP3:
      $11.16
      CO (Hero):
      $11.29

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) T, K, K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.65) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.65) J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.65.

his stats is VPIP/PFR/Agg/Hand=23/18/3.1/615 he used to semi bluff raise with gut shot + flush draw.

I thought its wa/wb so I checked all the way. on the turn,there is straight draw . and I was ready to fold on the river if he bets much.
      how should I have played this hand? bet on the turn? or bet even on the flop?
      is it even wa/wb ? does he have K in his cold codl range?
  • 2 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      holy shit, there is a lot of value to be gained here

i would always cbet here, if villain is halfway descent, hes probably not folding any PP, Tx+calling quite some gutshots with A high

if i bet the flop, im probably still betting the turn, hes not folding his Tx and on the river i might sometimes bet for value, tho most of the times im checking back.

or if you know, that villain is agro, you can check behind the flop and call turn/river bets, if he checks turn, just vbet 2 streets
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello daisuke3823,

Pretty standard Cbet on flop where you not only get value from weaker PPs/pairs but as well from draws. I don't really see why we should Check behind. Can't be scared always when such a board comes. Rather Bet yourself and at least gain some information, if you get Check/Raised big or anything then we can reevaluate further actions. And with your reads you could even still Call his Check/Raise or whatsoever.

Best Regards.