CO: $6.66
      BTN: $14.22
      SB: $11.00
      BB: $11.14
      UTG: $11.48
      Hero (UTG+1): $10.38

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:club: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, MP calls $0.40, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.40, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.75, 4 players) 8:diamond: 9:spade: A:diamond:
      UTG bets $1.31, Hero calls $1.31, fold, BTN calls $1.31

Turn: ($5.68, 3 players) 7:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, fold

River: ($12.68, 2 players) T:club:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows K:club: A:spade: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 59%, Flop 47%, Turn 55%)
      BTN shows 9:diamond: T:diamond: (Two Pair, Tens and Nines) (Pre 41%, Flop 53%, Turn 45%)
      BTN wins $12.05

Turn: What do u think on this street? I think that I had to protect hand from FD, I could have had value from Ax. What about bet sizing?
  • 5 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      i like how you played the hand, in case river was a 6, then i would go for some thin value against AJ/AQ, betting ~4$
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Preflop: Well, I am not a big fan of Calling here while being on UTG. I would really recommend rather even 3bet/Folding than Calling. Since with calling you going to be most likely in a multiway pot and your AKo ain't going to be very strong hand.

As played
      Postflop: Well, exactly that even happens. :( But we can't really change much in your play. I wouldn't play it any differently, river is an easy Check/Fold, although while on turn we still need to protect our hand. But as you see even there it's kinda cruel while a lot of 2pair combos did manage to hit/straights possible/sets possible/AX 2 pairs possible. :(

Best Regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I'd like to back to this hand...
      on UTG is unknown player so we can 3B with AKs/o, QQ (I don't mention about AA and KK) and we do:
      :spade: for value
      :spade: because we don't want to see more players in the pot
      Preflop plan:
      :spade: we play with AKs/o, QQ=>> 3B/fold am I right?
      Flop plan:
      :spade: we play with AKs/o=>> we don't hit our A or K=>> we don't continue our play I mean=>> don't CBet
      :spade: we play with QQ=>> dry board without any overcards and J=>>is it possible to fold if he rr us on the flop?
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      what do to when we are against tight player for example 12/10, 15/13, 17/15 standard TAG... do we want to 3B because we don't want to play it in multiway pot?

what about more tight player like PFR: <10?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      we play with AKs/o, QQ=>> 3B/fold am I right?

Well, not always. In different cases I would even consider just Calling like if I see the opponent rather as tighter player. AKs/QQ is a good hand to play postflop as well while AKs could easily play for the nutFD and QQ as well for overpair + set. Rather I would 3bet/Fold most likely AKo vs tighter player. Which doesn't have that much playability postflop in multiway pot.

we play with QQ=>> dry board without any overcards and J=>>is it possible to fold if he rr us on the flop?

Well, of course it is. Depends on the specific board, opponents stack, opponent himself, many different factors. In some spots we could even consider folding.

what do to when we are against tight player for example 12/10, 15/13, 17/15 standard TAG... do we want to 3B because we don't want to play it in multiway pot?

what about more tight player like PFR: <10?

As I explained already AKs/QQ are also played in multiway pots, not only in HU pots. Since AKs has still the possibility to hit even the flush, QQ for the set and so on. So I don't even mind to play such hands as well in mutliway pots.

But usually those higher PFR guys I would most likely 3bet but it once again depends on our position and their. If we have the LP then why not to Call and keep weaker Kx/Ax hands in the play.