This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Re-Install Party Poker

• chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      fmmfl the hard drive which I had partypoker on just died. I tried reinstalling partypoker but it keeps wanting to install back to the same location. It doesn't ask anywhere where I personally want to install. So I can't install it at all (it wants to install to the path Z:\...Partypoker where Z:\ drive no longer exists).

wat to do
  • 7 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      just thinking out loud...

presumably you have tried uninstalling pp in full (back up all folders/notes ofc)?

what else... could you maybe rename another drive as "z"?

vippalladium may be able to help as they have some techstaff if you screen print the message.

GL
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64

presumably you have tried uninstalling pp in full (back up all folders/notes ofc)?

vippalladium may be able to help as they have some techstaff if you screen print the message.

GL
      i haven't (apparently there are a lot of orphaned registry files anyway), and i'm not gonna do the rename thing... i want to install all my poker apps on my solid state hard drive (C:)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      Originally posted by Tim64

GL
      i haven't (apparently there are a lot of orphaned registry files anyway), and i'm not gonna do the rename thing... i want to install all my poker apps on my solid state hard drive (C:)
      if you still need help add me on skype: newfishontheblock

Thazar
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hey Chenny!

You could try just opening regedit, going through HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> PartyGaming -> PartyPoker and changing the data in the AppPath registry to whereever you want to install it when you next launch the installer, I believe I'll attempt to grab that path.

Regards,
      Richard
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Hey Chenny!

You could try just opening regedit, going through HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> PartyGaming -> PartyPoker and changing the data in the AppPath registry to whereever you want to install it when you next launch the installer, I believe I'll attempt to grab that path.

Regards,
      Richard
      doesn't work. when attempting to install, the apppath resets itself.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Hey Chenny!

Regards,
      Richard
      doesn't work. when attempting to install, the apppath resets itself.
      That's interesting... hmm, I'll try and have a dig around and see what I can figure out to try next then.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      figured it out i think. me and thazar went through and routinely changed the pathnames of all the partypoker strings in windows registry (i used find -> partypoker), reinstalled partypoker on c drive, uninstalled partypoker, deleted all the partypoker strings in windows registry, made a fresh install of partypoker and now i think it works.