BTN ($25.45)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 3:club:

UTG raises to $0.40, fold, Hero calls $0.40, fold, fold, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($1.30) 2:spade: 4:diamond: J:diamond:

BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.30) 2:spade: 4:diamond: J:diamond: 8:spade:

BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.30) 2:spade: 4:diamond: J:diamond: 8:spade: 5:spade:

BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1.20, BB raises to $2.40, UTG folds, Hero calls $1.20

UTG: 62/15 14 hands

BB: 37/10/2.5 113 hands

I thought this does not make sence to have a flush there and not bet, becasue how can he think that some of us will try to bluff. But he is fish, so I should still put him on flush sometimes. And probably its less likely that he is trying to bluff against my pot size bet. Are you calling this?
  • 6 replies
    • Vodivi
      Vodivi
      Bronze
      i would probably just fold it preflop as we cant make any good top pair to get value
      as played, i would probably take a stab on the flop

and i am calling, his line doesnt make any sense and i think my hand is too strong to fold given those odds.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      i would probably just fold it preflop as we cant make any good top pair to get value

I think he give very good implied odds for flush. Actually don't know mathematically what is enough, but he is almost big stack and he only minraises, plus there are some other fish which can also call preflop.
    • Vodivi
      Vodivi
      Bronze
      you wont hit flushes that often+ the times you do hit A as top pair and he has a better kicker

if your postflop skills are really good, then obv its +ev, but you have to know when to fold top pair, etc.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you call pf, then you can´t really check back flop with overcard and gutshot ip, but should rather bet to force out better Ax hands and put pressure medium strength hands.
      River is b/c, since he can min-raise there for value any two pair
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      If you call pf, then you can´t really check back flop with overcard and gutshot ip, but should rather bet to force out better Ax hands and put pressure medium strength hands.

But I have invested only 2 bb, its almost like unraised pot, and these players are stations, and I hit my straight very rarely and if I hit, they still might hit flush at the same time, so thats why I thought its not worth to fight.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you think you can´t get better hands to fold you can to try check it down, but I would personally not take that line, since then it is very hard to turn profit by flatting A3s, since you would miss a lot of times, you can´t call down if you hit your 3 or A and you can´t call to hit your two pair, trips or flushdraw and then put pressure if someone c-bets.