NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($31.56)
      BB ($20.30)
      UTG ($5.41)
      UTG+1 ($21.67)
      CO ($13.69)
      Hero ($38.25)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: J:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20, fold, Hero raises to $0.80, SB raises to $2.80, fold, fold, Hero calls $2

FLOP ($6) 2:spade: A:diamond: 3:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $3.30, SB calls $3.30

TURN ($12.60) 2:spade: A:diamond: 3:diamond: 6:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $10.40, SB raises to $25.46 (AI), Hero folds

SB wins $31.73

23/18/3
      3bet vs steal in SB 6
      cbet 73
      wtsd 26
      w$sd 56
      hands 2.7K

note - raises from UTG, and does not cbet on low drawy or Jxx drawy - fold to donkbet.

So I have a backdoor FD, and can represent an ace so I bet. He calls, so it might be some trap.

I have now FD and bet big on turn, hoping to force him to fold Ax, even AK if he has such. What do you think is it ok? Or better see free river and bet then if I hit? The problem is that if I don't bet the turn, the pot on the river will be smaller and we are deep so it will be hard to stack off. But anohter problem is when he check/raises, and I don't have odds to call. Or maybe I should overbet the pot, so then I will even have a better fold equity?
  • 3 replies
    • Strongsl
      Strongsl
      Bronze
      i DONT like calling pre flop. If 3bets a lot you can be easily dominated by calling here. He seems to be very loose pos. He wont fold his top pairs in 3bet spots.

I guess this is good spot to 4bet bluff. something like $6.

Cbet flop is ok. But after his c.c on flop as a 3bet he is strong inthere. And if u have a strong image and u bet there, he can safely c.shove turn either because u will be commited.
    • Vodivi
      Vodivi
      Bronze
      yeah, id rather 4bet or fold, tho depends what range is villain 3betting, wider value range or polarised

as played, i like the cbet and then i would just bet like 7$ and make him fold all his JJ-KK, if he plays AK this way, your never making him fold it, so if we get raised, just look at our odds and either call or fold.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      KJs is likely more standard to call than fold nowadays against aggressive 3-bettors being deep ip.
      Question is if SB range is really tight then you should likely fold pf, since KJ is most likely dominated by AK and JJ+, so it is hard you to go showdown with just tp or one hand.
      If he c/c flop I think he would not c/f turn, so you basically have to shove river even if you don´t improve to flush (you can check back on K river expecting to be ahead QQ-TT) so without no reads I´d just check back turn.
      If you´re going to b/f turn anyway then you don´t have to make it close to potsize. I think 7-8$ seems maybe even more scarier and leaves you nice3 potsize to shove river.
      Overbet turn is interesting but since players would not expect you to do that with sets or two pair then I don´t think it changes much his c/c or c/rai range.