Disappointed

• becky1464
      becky1464
      Bronze
      I must say that i am very disappointed with 888 customer services.

I started a live chat with them to inquire about re-tracking my account (which i knew would be a long shot). They proceeded to confirm that it wasn't possible and then cut me off even though i had other questions to ask.

After being rudely cut off by some Ella person i then started a new chat which should have taken them approx 3mins to answer but actually took 25mins.

When i finally got though to someone they decided that they could close my account (which is what i asked them to do), but i wouldn't be able to open another account. Which is a bit confusing really considering that the only reason you cant open a new account is because they don't want you to have 2 accounts. But then surely if one of them has been closed this shouldn't be a problem. but hey, rules are rule.

Im not really one for complaining but if this was my business i would want to at least try and keep my customers rather than sending them to one of my competitors. I completely understand that they cant re-track accounts but the blatant disregard for loosing a customer is unbelievable.

Anyway, rant over. I will now proceed to be loyal to pokerstrategy and go else where
  • 5 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Becky,

Sorry to read about your experiences. I must say that it is quite disappointing on their behalf that they would treat you this way.

Re-tracking accounts - as you know is a touchy subject and at the very least is worth a try to ask as you have nothing to lose.

However, I believe they should have responded to you better than they did and I will flag this for our headadmin team to take a look.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,

Gary
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hi becky im sorry to hear you havent been pleased with the CS at 888

Although the only thing i see out of the ordinary is them ending the conversation early.

The avg waiting time they give you i usually ignore because it never lets me speak to someone as quick as they say :f_biggrin: they could have had a sudden influx of problems to deal with at that time.

As for the closing the account situation im afraid this sounds pretty standard to me, you wouldnt be able to open a new account because then obviously you could get it tracked to somewhere which means the poker room loses money.

Its like if you multi account somewhere to get a tracked account the poker room usually shuts down the 2nd (tracked) account and lets you carry on playing on the first account.

So its not so much they dont want you to have 2 accounts (of course this is against the rules anyway and no poker room allows it) but the new account you create would be tracked and making less money for the room.

So im afraid their answers were pretty standard for all poker rooms not just 888.

However cutting the chat off early isnt appropriate and you could escalate this to somebody at 888 by sending them an email and asking to speak to somebody higher up a manager for instance i think its pretty much basic consumer rights for you to be able to speak to someone :)

Let us know how you get on with that

Regards
      Carl
    • becky1464
      becky1464
      Bronze
      Thanks for your replys

The thing I was annoyed at the most was the fact that I got cut off. I did think that the tracking wouldn't be able to be done so that wasn't much of a surprise.

The reason it ticked me off with the waiting time was that when I clicked on the cashier to load up the support almost instantly I had a chat open asking if I needed help depositing but the minute I needed help with anything else that didn't involve giving them money it took ages. Plus their attitude was like just like they really didn't care. And then at the end of the second conversation they had the cheek to as if I wanted to deposit lol

I'm over it now though lol, just had to vent. I have a background in customer services so it really grates me when I get fobbed off.
    • darkod80
      darkod80
      Global
      They are well known for their bad attitude towards players. It takes weeks before resolving simpliest issues and sometimes you even do not get replied at all.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Of course no worries i understand your frustrations i've had many a heated discussion with customer suppor reps over the years i know it can be hard for both parties at time to get their points accross clearly.

Your background in customer services will help you escalate the waiting time and cut off problems higher

Good luck with it all

Carl