This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ v push T-high flop help?

• gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10)
      BB ($4.27)
      UTG ($10.77)
      CO ($7.97)
      BTN ($10)

So, I'm up against an apparently straightforward multitabling regular.

vpip/pfr/3bet/af/hands
      17/ 13/ 4.5/ 3.2/ 445
      Villain's EPR range is 9% (not a great sample though);
      88+, ATs+, KTs+, QJs, AJo, KQo

We've had a few words this session, with a few 3bet/fold meetings, but I got most of my good hands in awkward positions and always seemed to be the one OOP, as in this spot!

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.85, fold, UTG calls $0.55

FLOP ($1.80) 5:spade: 7:spade: T:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $0.85, Hero raises to $1.95, UTG raises to $9.92 (AI), Hero calls $7.20 (AI)

Not sure if I should even fold that safe (ish) flop. I can rule out a lot of his range now leaving ATs+, KTs+, QJs, TT+, but think I can rule out KK and AA with him being so straightforward.

versus his push range I have 48% according to Equilab and 36% (1.79:1) pot odds according to HEM Replayer, so I think the AI call is good but not sure.

TURN ($20.10) 5:spade: 7:spade: T:club: 8:spade:

RIVER ($20.10) 5:spade: 7:spade: T:club: 8:spade: A:heart:

I moved up to nl10 only last week and need to get this stuff learned to move again soon. Ty in advance.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gadget51,

Preflop: Why do you 3bet in first place against that kind of nitty opponent? I'd prefer rather just Calling and reevaluating it postflop.

As played
      Postflop: Kinda overplayed your hand. I mean do you think such a nit is even able to Call with anything like AT?/Tx?. Doubt that, we only beat some kind of combodraw here and that's it. I'd make a standard CBet here and then reevaluate further actions. What hands do you think is going to continue vs your Check/Raise? And at the same time you are giving him very good odds if he even has a draw which he should take if he has one than ship it, so if he is shipping it's towards to a strong made hand.

Best Regards.