[NL2-NL10] NL(0.03/0.06) Ak

• sharpred
      This is my first hand i post here.
      I really didnt know any of my opponents, i used no HUD and was playing ~5 tables.
      But i remembered he was tight, too tight in bb vs sb(me), didn't play shorthanded (sat out til the table was full).

Was my call preflop ok? (I figured he had QQ, KK, AA)

[ I had been playing ~40 minutes without any action and wanted to finally win a big pot ]

Pacific Poker - $0.06 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $6.83
      BB: $6.13
      UTG: $6.39
      Hero (UTG+1): $5.54
      MP: $3.11
      MP+1: $6.54
      CO: $7.41
      BTN: $4.12

SB posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero has A:spade: K:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.24, MP raises to $0.81, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.57

Flop: ($1.71, 2 players) T:spade: A:diamond: 9:club:
      Hero bets $0.45, MP raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $1.45, MP raises to $2.30, Hero calls $0.85

Turn: ($6.31, 2 players) T:heart:

River: ($6.31, 2 players) 3:club:

Hero shows A:spade: K:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Tens) (PreFlop 46%, Flop 89%, Turn 95%)
      MP shows Q:spade: Q:diamond: (Two Pair, Queens and Tens) (PreFlop 54%, Flop 11%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $5.94

The flop play - i bet small, because i figured if he reraised me preflop with QQ, KK - he's probably good enough to figure that this small bet out of position by me may be somewhat weak and might raise me.

That's exactly what happened. He minraised me.

That minraise gave me confidence he didn't have AA, but rather KK, QQ and he tried to make me fold my hand (because in my mind he was now convinced i was weak thanks to my small bet size).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello sharpred,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Add to full stack if playing BSS. :)

Preflop: About the play, I don't really like your Call vs his 3bet. It's either we go broke against his stack or just fold the hand. It's at the best anyways for us a coinflip.

As played
      Postflop: Well, I don't really see why should you even donk it here? You are just forcing him to fold a lot weaker hands, don't like your play at all! Let him Cbet and then reevaluate further actions.

Best Regards.